19

"You do understand that you might not meet one another in your new life Jeongguk. You will have no memory of each other."

"I understand," said Jeongguk stiffly. Next to him Chaeyoung fidgeted with her sleeves, worrying her bottom lip.

"And you're prepared to leave all the titles and honours Olympus was planning to bestow upon you?" Hecate asked, her voice soft as the tone one used when addressing small children.

Jeongguk gritted his teeth. "For the last time, yes, I am prepared. My mind is made up." He flashed the Twelve Gods and Goddesses gathered a quick smirk. "After all, Jeon Jeongguk always relished beating the odds, and I will do so again, I know it."

Zeus snorted. "Cocky bastard as always. Take care of yourself out there. Same goes for you, Park Chaeyoung. You have my blessings."

"Me as well?"Jeongguk asked brightly.

"Unfortunately yes," Zeus growled.

"One moment if you please?"

Everyone turned to face Apollon who stood up to address the Council.

"Apollon? What are you doing?" Poseidon asked curiously.

"Giving them hope," Apollon said easily then turned to the boy and girl. "Prometheus!"

A crack and then a puff of smoke as a young God appeared in front of Jeongguk and Chaeyoung. He had his long hair tied back, hands cradling all manner of scrolls, with a travel pouch hanging at his side. He was also holding a mallet in hand.

"Apollon really?" Prometheus exclaimed, "I was in the midst of important business!"

"It's time," Apollon told him simply. Prometheus' irritated expression quickly morphed into delight.

"Oh! Why didn't you say so?" With a flick of his wrist, all the accessories disappeared and he was now robed in the God's standard dress.

"Prometheus?" Chaeyoung whispered nervously. "Isn't he the trickster Titan supposed to be chained to a rock and having his liver torn out daily by an eagle?"

"Ohhh a mortal who knows my tragic life story? Ma I made it, I'm famous!" Prometheus swooned.

"Prometheus," Apollon said in warning. Prometheus waved a hand dismissively.

"Oh don't get all hot under the chiton my dear Apollon, all in a good time." He clapped and turned to Jeongguk. "Ah, I had my eyes on you for a long time Jeon, you're a man after my own heart."

"Except for the fact that Zeus almost fried me that time you told me it would be alright to sneak into vaults to get you his lightning bolt." Jeongguk said casually, "we kind of fell out after that, huh?"

Prometheus laughed, eyes shining with mischief. "No hard feelings eh Jeon?"

Jeongguk shrugged. "I had been close to being fried before so no big deal, but it kind of stung when you didn't show up alongside me during the trials."

Prometheus was unperturbed, laughing again. "I might have been too busy discovering science."

He clapped his hands again. "But now...I have some tidbits of information concerning you and the demi-god AND your collective futures that might be of interest."

"No tricks," Zeus interjected sternly, "I know your tendencies, Prometheus."

All traces of mischief had disappeared from the trickster God's eyes and he bowed. "You have the word of a fellow God, my Lord," he said respectfully before whirling back on the boy and girl.