Chapter 1

Oh my DIOS Lin has FINALLY written the first chapter of the story whoop!! Honestly, I really really really really REALLY hope this story is successful and that I continue it and that you guys end up loving it cuz I do sure have some stuff in store for you guys *rubs hands* anyways, I would put a whole copyright thing here but I think ya'll know it ain't cool to steal someone else's ideas cuz I SWEAR TO GOD IF I FIND YOU I WILL HAVE NO MERCY ON YOUR LAZY, NON-MAKING-YOUR-OWN-IDEAS- ASS.
Anyways, I hope you enjoy my very first chapter of this strong Latina lead role book! This book will be written in spanglish with no translations so if you need help don't hesitate to comment for my help or search it up on Google :). Enjoy and paleeeeeez tell me and comment what you think! Enjoy!

Warning: there will be strongish language, substance abuse reference, and difficult scenes/events in this book so PREPARE YO SELVES.

(BTW, Dolores is Artemisia's older sister)

Familia - always first, my mom would say, and in many ways she's right. To my father, that's what it always was, us: my madre, my sister Dolores, and me, Artemisia. My father always pushed to give us the best, and I was always thankful. But of course any immigrant's dreams can grow ambitious like any other American citizen. My padre knew business very well, and that technical mind of his got us to where we are now: a two story mansion in Colorado. My life was turned upside down. We went from living off of foodstamps to having more than enough. I went from working my sister's hand-me-downs and jelly sandals to designer clothes and my very precious pearl jewelry collection. I never thought that I'd become so comfortable with my new life, but luxurious living can change someone so much. The only part of me that hasn't changed is my best friend Sandra, since elementary school. She still lives in the ghetto, but neither of us care of our drastically different lifestyles to still get along like peas in a pod. My family adores her too, so much that she gets to stay at my house every week and have a mini vacation.
Anyways, my dad's once small company grew into a huge success, and that's when everything changed; for good and for bad.

------------------

    I smooth out my navy blue uniform skirt, pulling it down to lengthen it. I always had a problem with my academy's uniform. It was made for flat, square, skinny girls. I was "blessed" with a big top and bottom, according to my mom, but to me it's more of a love-hate relationship. Hate for this exact reason, last years uniform skirt somehow shrunk in the dryer and now I'm stuck tugging at it more than usual because I don't have a backup uniform yet.

    "MISI BAJA QUE YA VAS TARDE!" I squirm at the word "late" and put the last touch on my makeup before dashing down the stairs. I huff at the last step and fix my hair up as I take a seat in our white glass rectangular dining table. In front of me sits a medium sized plate of fruits, and to the side lays a small bowl of yogurt coated in a top layer of granola. I don't wait for papá and I gobble everything down, seeing that I have ten minutes to leave before I have to drive to school. My mamá observes me with curious eyes and a questioning expression before returning to her kindle, probably resuming her positivity book (or something like that) that she keeps insisting me to read.

    "Y papá?"

    "Left early for a work meeting. You know how hectic it gets Monday morning for him." I nod and resume to my yogurt.