Chapter 3

"Wait," I feel his hand clasp around my wrist and I freeze before snapping my head towards his hold, darting my eyes at his face.

"Do you know Lukka?"

"No comment," I say before I take my wrist away from his grip and speed walk towards the principles office before he can ask me any further questions.

I reach the front desk and spot the vice principle talking with sweet old Karen. My nerves slightly calm down as I walk towards them, waving at Karen, the secretary, when she spots me and smiles.

"Artemisia sweetie how are you!" She bursts up from her chair and walks around the desk to hug me, squeezing the life out of me.

"I missed you so much Karen, how are you!" I pull away and she holds my hands, smiling.

"Good good thank you, sweetie. Now what are you doing here..." her gaze drift behind me and her smile widens. I mentally roll my eyes at what she means and I shake my head.

"There was a misunderstanding with Mr. Martinez and now we're here to talk to Mr. Horts." My eyes drift to him and my nerves rise again.

"What happened?" He and Karen say at the same time. They look at each other and then back at us.

    "This one right here bumped into me and we collapsed on the floor and well, she couldn't move from where she laid on top of me." I snap my head at his direction and widen my eyes at him.

    "God, I don't even know you but gosh you are full of yourself." I turn back around to face the principle with pleading eyes.

    "I swear the only reason why I stayed on him was because..." my mind blanks for a fake response as I really don't want to tell the principle and Karen that the real reason why I froze on him was because I know he was the guy that leaked my best friend's sister's nudes to all the team.

    "See? She is to be bl-" I cut him off with my hand and quickly speak the first thing on my mind.

    "He looks like my ex," I quickly say, squishing my forehead together for the very uncomfortable response. Yes, telling the principle that the reason why I stayed on top of a guy is because he looked like my ex is very comfortable.

Mr. Horts's eyebrows rise and stares at me in silence, trying to figure out what to say.

    Next thing I know Karen hits Mr. Horts's arm and he jumps, eyes peels at her in surprise.

    "It's the first day of school dammit, let them off, she didn't do anything and stop making this awkward." He stares at her, still baffled, before he sighs and dismisses us with a wave of his hand, afterwards, turning around and disappearing into his office.

    A breathe caught in my throat releases and I mouth "thank you" to Karen, giving her hand a tight squeeze. Before I can drop my hand she draws me back into her with a large smile plastered on her face once again.

    "Go get him tiger," she whispers at me, eyeing the guy. I widen my eyes at her.

    "Not in a million years, Karen!"

    "Why not? He's gorgeous and giving you the side eye as we speak," I turn my eyes slowly towards him and sure enough he keeps looking at my direction. I quickly snap my head down towards Karen and repeat, "not in a million years!" I drop her hand and speed walk out of the office, keeping my eyes forward as I pass him.

    "You're dating Lukka aren't you?" I stop in my tracks and spin, realizing he's a bit far from me. Before I can say anything he beats me to it.