Six

Dallas

As time passed, Dallas was beginning to realize what was going on, when she blushed at the mere sight of Arturo, when he spoke to her she felt flutters in her stomach and especially when he referred to her as mio cuore, she knew she was infatuated with this Italian criminal.
"Mio cuore (my heart),"
The sound of his voice snapped her out of her trance, "It's your turn." Dallas looked at her hand of uno cards absentmindedly before nodded and placed one down.
Arturo narrowed his eyes at her before putting his deck down, "What's the matter?"

Dallas shrugged, "Nothing."
Arturo folded his arms which caused Dallas to roll her eyes, "Nothing seriously."
Dallas didn't really mean to lie but how was she supposed to tell him, that he could leave whenever he wanted now when she wanted him to stay. Shit. She wanted him to stay so badly but she knew deep in her heart that, that wasn't possible.
By the look Arturo was giving her, she knew he didn't believe her but plastered a smile on her face anyway.

By the end of their game, Dallas had lost three out of the three times they'd played and was sulking like a little girl.
"this isn't fair!"
Arturo lifted his eyebrows at her, "What isn't fair?"
Dallas pouted, "You're cheating!"
Arturo let out a chuckle, "I am not."
Dallas scoffed, "I'm going to make lunch." Standing up angrily.

"Hey hey!" Arturo got up much slower than her but quick enough to grab her hand and yank her to him.
Dallas found herself looking into his emerald eyes which she found were the prettiest green.
"Let me make you something."
Dallas studied his handsome face which was smiling at her, "Okay."
Slowly Dallas froze up as he leaned forward and placed a lingering kiss on her cheek.
"You're going to love it!"

The kiss on her cheek had taken her by surprise and caused her to mumble her response to Arturo. As he walked off to the kitchen she stood dazed watching as his ass sashayed away, great ass she mumbled incoherently as she followed shortly after. She sat on one of the stools in the kitchen and watched as the man wobbled around her kitchen with a grin on his lips. She watched him like clock work and realized even if it sounded creepy that she could do this all day.

An hour later they were at the table and Dallas was sure she was having a food orgasm.
"Where did you learn to cook?" She mumbled still in shock.
He chuckled, "My mother taught my brother's and I."
"Well I've got to hand it to your mother, that was amazing."

Arturo sent her an earth shattering smile, before leaning back in his chair. Dallas watched his mannerisms carefully, studying his handsome face. Dallas felt captivated by his emerald eyes that at the moment were now directed her.
"What are you thinking about in that head of yours?" He asked, smirking at her.
You "my next shift." She lied.
"Are you tired?" Dallas asked suddenly, "you should be tired, you've been on your feet for most of the day."

Dallas didn't know what Arturo thought of her mothering and babying him all the time but she didn't care, all she cared about was his health and suddenly the thought of him being hurt again and that didn't sit well in her. Dallas had moved him into the guest room and as they both walked to their respective rooms Dallas wanted nothing more to sleep with Arturo, not sex, just cuddle; to feel his arms wrapped around her as they rested before she had to go to work again.

As she bit her lip in contemplation, she felt Arturo tap her shoulder and she sucked in a breath was he going to....... "Mio cuore, I'm sorry that I have to ask this but when you leave for work, do you see any strange vehicles? I just want to be sure since the—"
Dallas instantly deflated, "No I haven't." She snapped, her jaw ticking.
What the hell did she expect that he was going to invite her— oh please Dallas get it together.

She saw the shocked look on Arturo's face at her tone but she couldn't take it back now, what was she going to say, "Are you okay?" Arturo's soft voice rung out in the hallway.
"Yup, great." She said harshly, oh my god was she on her period? She never acted out like this.
She swiveled her heel quickly walking away before Arturo could get another word out.

~*~

Dallas lay awake on her bed feeling guilty, she shouldn't have snapped at Arturo like that and Dallas had thought of going to his door and apologizing but had eventually changed her mind. However, in the next fifteen minutes was when she heard it, a shrill scream, as the voice pierced her ears Dallas knew exactly who it was, Arturo.
Oh my god were the people back, yanking a nearby umbrella from the desk in her room she scampered to his door.

Dallas furrowed her eyebrows at the closed door and turned the handle slowly, "Arturo?"
She heard the mumbles again and pushed the unlocked door open and there laying on the bed was a shaking Arturo. Perspiration covered his forehead as he violently shook from side to side, "Arturo?" Dallas approached him cautiously, "No please don't hurt her!"
Her? Dallas felt a pang in her chest.
"I'll do anything just please don't hurt her!"

Dallas lifted her hand on his shoulder as he continued to shiver, "Dallas!" He suddenly screamed, "Please don't hurt her! I'll do anything!"
Dallas felt her heart drop to her stomach, he was dreaming about her, suddenly Dallas shook him with more force, "Wake up Arturo!"
Suddenly the man shot up completely aware and stared at her with large doe eyes and immediately he wrapped his arms around her.

Dallas tensed before relaxing into his comforting embrace. Her fingers brushed through his curly brown hair as she whispered into his ear attempting to comfort him. When his breathing had calmed she leaned back and placed a kiss to his forehead going to move away a little so they could talk but he spoke up, his voice breaking and Dallas sucked in a breathe at the heart wrenching sound.
"Don't go please."
He sounded so lost and Dallas immediately nodded,
"Never."