Twenty Four

Arturo

Arturo woke up panting with sweat dripping down his forehead, another nightmare. He took deep breaths and turned to see if he'd woken up Dallas and as he peeked at her, his emerald eyes met with her brown ones.
"It happened again."
Arturo nodded as Dallas wrapped her arms around him, ever since he'd come back and that's been over two weeks now, he'd been getting nightmares, not every night but frequent enough to cause worry.

"You never told me what they did to you when..."
Arturo shook his head, he didn't want to get into it and he surely didn't want Dallas to think about it.
"Will you tell me about the dream though?" She asked quietly, kissing his cheek gently.
He nodded, "I was back at their warehouse and five men were standing over me and they had knives in their hands, some guns— they kept circling me and then one would stab me and they'd continue doing it until I can't take anymore and I wake up."

Arturo noticed Dallas snuggle into his neck, "I'm sorry I can't stop it." Her voice sounded as if it was breaking.
Arturo had always suffered with nightmares, ever since he'd killed for the first time. Even when he and his brothers seemed to be this untouchable force, it reminded him that he was human.
"It's not your fault." He muttered kissing her lips ever so gently.
She returned his kiss softly and he pulled back kissing her forehead.

Arturo didn't go back to sleep that night but took comfort in holding Dallas. Mio cuore, my heart, and he knew that she was his heart, he loved her very much and would in time tell her that fact. Arturo entangled himself from her when it was around seven in the morning to take a shower. He took his time and washed his scalp and stood under the shower thinking over everything that happened over the course of these few weeks.

It wasn't the first time they'd been in a war but it was the first time he had something to lose and this made him antsy. He sighed deeply, Allegro and Alejandro had been able to put a dent into Yakov's business but how much damage did they really cause? When was his next attack going to be? What was he really planning? Arturo didn't want any surprises especially if they concerned Dallas or Greece.

Suddenly in the mist of the bathroom, Arturo could make out a figure and his eyes widened at the naked woman in front of him. Dallas smiled shyly as she stepped into their shower. He tried in vain not to look too much but he couldn't help himself she was beautiful,
"It's okay," she giggled softly, "I'm looking too."
Cautiously, Arturo wrapped an arm around her back, pulling her under the shower head as well. They stood together basking in each other's presence before Dallas reached for the soap and lathered it onto his chest.

He returned the favor paying special attention to each of her breast and nipples before slipping his lips to hers. The kiss was slow and sensual and Arturo groaned into her mouth as she bit his lip playfully. Unexpectedly her hand travelled lower grabbing him gently and his eyes fluttered for a second as he enjoyed the sensation of her working him mercilessly. He kissed her chin and and jaw and went back to his lips as he reached his end,
"Mio cuore," he said in a hoarse voice.
"Mhmm," She hummed gently.
Arturo let out a breathy sigh and looked at straight in the eyes, good god how'd he get so lucky.

~*~

Arturo had Dallas in his lap as they sat next to Alejandro who was working out numbers.
"Is that the total?" Dallas asked as she sat from on his lap.
Alejandro nodded his answer, "We're looking good, so far Yakov hasn't made any moves and we're yet to hear any movement from our contacts."
"That should be great news!" Dallas said.
Arturo and Alejandro shared a look, no news was horrible news.

"Why did you two just get so quiet?" Dallas asked obviously nervous.
"No news means he's using back channels that we might not be able to predict and we need to know who he's talking to in order to have some idea what he's planning."
Dallas nodded understanding, "So we're sitting ducks waiting for his next move?"

"No we can't." Alessando jumped in limping into the room.
"We can't risk it."
"Agreed." Arturo nodded, squeezing Dallas' side.
"Well we need a plan and—"
"Merda! Merda! Merda!"
(Shit x3)

Allegro stormed into the room followed by a string of curses leaving his mouth. He stomped into the living room and Arturo could see from his demeanor something had happened.
"Che cosa?" Alejandro said agitated.
(What?)
"Loro stanno arrivando!"
(They are coming)

Arturo sucked in a breath, "Al composto?" (To the compound)
Allegro nodded, "Are you sure?" Alessando asked.
"Get Dallas to the bunk now!" Allegro screamed.
"Fanculo!" (Fuck) Alejandro screamed.
"Arturo? What's happening?" Dallas asked as he tugged her through the halls.
"I need you to stay in the bunk okay,"

"The bunk? Where the hell is the bunk!"
He was shaking only a little but still visible, "It's an underground room, Greece should already be there."
"What! Why are you hiding us!"
"Arturo what's going on!" She yelled helplessly.

He gulped, "Yakov, he's coming."