Detective Hargrove

(FYI, this doesn't follow the story line of stranger things. Billy isn't a new student and it's when Will first went missing. You're also Jonathan's twin sister.)

You and Jonathan were known as the Byers twins. He was your best friend, your biggest supporter, and your partner in crime. You two grew up doing everything together. You were both also also very similar: you both loved the same music, had a heart for the arts, and were introverted. Jonathan was more into photography, and you were more into drawing. For the longest time, it was just you two against the world.

And then Will came, which wasn't that bad. You loved Will, but sometimes he was annoying, as all little brothers were. That didn't mean you wouldn't go through hell to keep him safe. Even with Will, Jonathan and you were the closest you could get.

When Jonathan fell head over heels with Nancy Wheeler is when it started to change. At first it was nothing, just small glances at the pretty, skinny, popular Wheeler girl at school. You would tease him for it and he would just tell you to shut up while rolling his eyes.

Will going missing was hard enough, but then you started to lose Jonathan, too. You, Joyce Byers, and Jonathan were devastated by the news and all practically went crazy. Joyce would jump at the slightest sound and would claim that she could hear Will breathing on the phone. You pretty much just shut down and cried whenever you were alone. You stopped going to your art club and stopped finishing homework assignments. Jonathan coped with his little brother's disappearance differently - he started hanging out with Nancy Wheeler.

At first you didn't care, but when Jonathan was barely at home because he was with her doing God knows what, you broke even more. With Joyce going crazy about the lights and the phones, you had no one for support.

Billy Hargrove saw the way the spark in your eyes died once Will disappeared. He never really paid you much attention because you were always so quiet, but looking at you as you stared blankly at the walls during class, he couldn't help but feel a twinge of sadness for you. Sure, you were quiet before, but you were still happy. Now you were like a hollow shell of a person.

Billy didn't know how to make you feel better or if he even should, but he felt like he had to do something. So, when the teacher had everyone pair up to complete an assignment, Billy ignored Sandra Smith's offer and walked straight to your desk. He took the empty seat next to it.

You were planning on just doing the assignment by yourself, so you didn't even look up to find a partner. With Billy's presence unknown to you, you got out a pencil and started to begin.

Billy cleared his throat. You looked up. When your tired, sad eyes met his, he said, "I'm usually not very good at this stuff, but I think I understand this lesson."

He was looking down at the paper in front of him, his brow furrowed. He tried not to make it a big deal that he willingly chose to be your partner, but it was a big deal to you. He had never even looked your way before.

Before you got your hopes up, you realized that it was no coincidence that he suddenly started noticing you. He probably just felt bad for you and wanted to feel better about himself.

You didn't say much, but you did cooperate with Billy to complete the assignment. As he was turning both of your sheets in, you thought for sure that that was the last interaction you'd ever have with Billy Hargrove.

After school you were surprised that Jonathan wasn't with Nancy. Yesterday he left without you and gave Nancy a ride somewhere, leaving you without any means but your own two feet to walk home. But here Jonathan was, sitting in his car in the parking lot as he waited for you.