Nose Bleed (pt.2)

It had been a week since you've seen Billy, the boy who saved you and made you feel safe.

Billy didn't know what to do when Hopper took you away and told him to forget he even met you. Something was off about the situation, but that wasn't what was bothering him the most. He couldn't get you out of his head. No matter how many girls he slept with and no matter how much alcohol he consumed, he could never get your dimpled smile and cold hands out of his head. He tried to do some digging around in the local library about your ice abilities, but his father punished him for checking out "books that faggots read to waste their time" and made him return them when he saw Billy reading from them.

You didn't hear from Billy that entire week after Hopper took you from Billy. However, you did meet new people. You were introduced to Eleven and Chief Hopper. Hopper seemed to be a father figure that tried to keep the two of you safe at all costs. Eleven, being a pre-teen, was more dramatic than you. She would get angry at Hopper for coming home to their drafty cabin a few minutes late and would flip tables with her mind for being denied something. Her powers didn't faze Hopper, though.

You were more laid back and went along with whatever the chief said. You knew he wanted the best for you, so you didn't see a reason to go against anything he said. He gave you food, shelter, companionship, and security. He didn't even run tests on you or poke and prod at you. What more could you ask for?

There was one thing you weren't particularly happy about living in the cabin in the middle of the woods, however. You grew attached to Billy from your short time with the boy, and you missed him dearly. Like he couldn't stop thinking about you, you couldn't stop thinking about him. You wanted to know if he was safe. You wanted to wear his clothes and inhale his scent. You wanted to be by his side, for even his presence made you feel safe and secure.

You told Hopper and Eleven about Billy one day. You always thought about him, but it was your first time talking about him to your new family. Eleven then began to talk about some boy named Mike, and then Chief Hopper rolled his eyes and told Eleven that she can't see him. You asked if you could see Billy. He said no.

It started your first argument with Hopper. He yelled at you for the first time, and you yelled at him the first time.

"I don't care, it isn't safe!" Hopper shouted and turned away, signaling he was done with the conversation.

You were mad. Your powers surged through your body like icy water running through your blue veins.

"You're not the boss of me, asshole!" You screamed. As you did, snow started to fall from the ceiling of the cabin. Hopper hadn't seen your powers before, but he remained unfazed.

"Hey! Where'd you learn that? We don't use that language in this house!" He slammed his palm against the small dining table. The silverware and plastic cups shook.

Eleven turned and stormed off to her room you two shared, slamming the door shut with her mind. You didn't follow her lead and stayed in your position in front of Hopper. Your eyes narrowed at you stated daggers at him.

"I'm. Leaving." The words came out of your mouth evenly and slow, your tone serious. Your eyes dared Hopper to stop you as the snow falling to the floor around you both began to falter.

To your surprise, he just sighed and stepped out of your way, allowing you to exit. He pinched the bridge of his nose and said, "Be back before morning, or no more coffee."

You nodded. Eleven was always bribed with Eggos, but for you it was coffee.

Hopper watched as you slowly walked out the front door, but his hand caught your arm before you could step off the porch. You turned, ready to freeze his feet to the wooden perch because you assumed he changed his mind.