Chapter 12

That night Skylar slept in the room she woke up in when she first got it New Orleans. She started at the wall for about an hour until she got restless, she stood up and snuck out of the room, she walked across the compound and then onto one of the many patios of the compound.

She looked out over New Orleans for a while until she felt someone walk up to her "Can't sleep?" Kol asked as he stepped up next to Skylar who shook her head lightly "every time I try I just see... well you know." She trailed off as she stared out at the city "I know it's hard." Kol said trying to be helpful.

"it's worse than hard. I'm going to help him anyway, so my mom died for nothing." Skylar spat out. "Why?" Kol asked causing the teen to look over at him "why what?"

"Why help him?" Kol asked and she sighed "I'm not helping him, I'm helping that kid who is being dragged into the most toxic and crazy family you could imagine and has zero say in it. All my life people have wanted me dead because I'm Klaus's daughter and now hope is going to have to fight the same battles, maybe if she has someone there for her to help her through all of this, who understands it in a way no one else can, maybe she can have it a little better than I did."

"That's very noble of you." Kol told her, proud of how selfless she's being "All I want is to make sure she doesn't have to go through all I did because of him." Skylar sighed as a tear rolled down her cheek

"Trust me Skylar, Klaus will pay for what he did." Kol promised and the teen rolled her eyes "he never pays for anything he does, weather he needs to or not." She turned back around and walked into the room and laid down next to the brown haired alpha.

The next morning Skylar woke up to see Scott sitting on the couch looking at a book, she threw the covers off of her and walked over to her friend "morning." She yawned "hi. How are you?" Scott asked and she shrugged, a knock was heard before the door opened to reveal Marcel standing in the door way "Klaus wants to see you."

Skylar rolled her eyes before groaning "Scott could you leave I need to change." The wolf nodded and then followed Marcel out of the room.

She walked out of the room and slowly walked into the middle of the compound where everyone sat talking to each other except Scott who was glaring at Klaus. "What do you need?" She snapped and walked up to the group "according to a group of witches you and hope are connected, it's called a tribrid bond, we were hoping you could use it to find her." The suite wearing original explained.

Skylar rolled her eyes before stepping up to a table "I need a map, something of Hayley's and some blood." The hybrid listed off and klaus stepped up to her "we already tried a spell, it won't work love." Skylar leaned forward and crossed her arms "go get what I told you too and keep your annoying ass comments to your self ok?" Everyone but klaus looked at her shocked, he just glared at her.

She huffed before she talked again "do you wanna sit here and glare at me or do you want to get me what I need to find your wolf baby mamma, because I can just as easily snap my fingers and Scott and I can be back in my living room, there is a rather gory mess I need to clean." She snapped with a raised eyebrow, klaus's face softened for a second

he sped away but came back a few seconds later klaus came back with Hayley's hair brush and a map. He put the objects on the map, Skylar did a basic tracking spell that lead them to the bayou "Scott do you think you can follow the scent?" Skylar asked her friend who nodded "alright, can you get two things of Hayley's? Like a shirt or something?" She asked Elijah who sped away and then came back with two shirts "Let's get this over with."

•••

Klaus, Elijah, Scott and Skylar all stood on the side of the road as Scott and Skylar tried to catch Hayley's scent "do you have it?" Elijah asked the kids "Yeah." Scott nodded "Elijah you go with Scott, Klaus come with me." Skylar sighed before turning to leave "who put you in charge?" Klaus snapped "me, now are you coming or are you just going to stand there and complain?" Skylar sighed before walking off into the woods.

"Are we close Skylar?" Klaus asked after they had been walking for about 5 minutes "what the hell?" She whispered softly "what?" Klaus asked "I found the smell." The two kept walking until they got to a small cabin.

When they got inside they found a person dead on the floor but no one else there. "Hayley! Don't make it harder than it has to be!" Someone shouted from their left, when they looked over they saw Tyler stalking around looking for the pregnant wolf. Klaus sped over to Tyler and Skylar just stood and watched.

"Quite an offer! Though, not one I'll be extending to you." Klaus threatened. "Klaus." Tyler growled out

"Hello, Tyler. You look well! I aim to change that." Klaus smiled at Tyler evilly "Threatening a pregnant girl in order to exact revenge against me? I never expected you to sink so low! I admit, I'm impressed!" Tyler sped away from Klaus and shrugged "Used to hang out with you. I guess something must have rubbed off.

"What would Caroline say if she saw what you've become? Perhaps I'll ask her when I call her to tell her of your demise." Klaus said and Tyler smiled at him "Whatever happens to me, Caroline's never going to stop hating you!" Klaus's face went cold and we went to attack Tyler again but his neck was snapped. Tyler looked around confused until he saw Skylar glaring at the pair

"Sky." Tyler sighed in relief but she put her hand out giving him an aneurism "What the hell?" He groaned, after about 30 seconds she dropped the spell "Skylar What the hell?" Tyler asked "Why?" Skylar snapped confusing her uncle "Why did you take Hayley? Why would you do that?"

"That kid isn't even born and yet Klaus loves it? How is that fair when he doesn't even love you?" Tyler snapped "so your grand idea was to kidnap Hayley?! I don't care about what Klaus thinks! I don't care if he loves Hope more than me!" She snapped "this was about more than that! I had a score to settle with Hayley." Tyler said trying to defend him self.

Skylar scoffed and shook her head "all of this death and pain over old scores and petty revenge really?" Skylar snapped "What death? All I did was kidnap Hayley!" Tyler told her "he killed my mom!" Skylar snapped her anger coming out causing Tyler to go flying back "I didn't help him find Hayley so he killed my mom!"

Tyler stared at his niece to shocked to move "Grace is dead?" He asked, tears slowly started to move down her cheeks, Tyler sped over to his niece and wrapped his arms around her but she pushed him away.

Skylar's werewolf strength was no match for Tyler's vampire strength, she eventually collapsed into Tyler's chest letting tears roll down her cheeks.

•••

AN — so I know everyone wanted Skylar to not help klaus but I promise this is building up to something.