Chapter 1

Percy's POV

I just got done with a quest and I was laying down on my bunk in my cabin at Camp Half-Blood. When all of a sudden Annabeth burst into my cabin.

"Percy! Chiron needs you he said it is important." she said "Oh and he has also asked to see the seven of the prophecy plus Nico and Thalia."

"Ok I'll be right there" I said

I got up and ,seeing the sadness in eyes like someone had just died, I ran to the big house.

When I got there the seven plus Nico and Thalia were already there in the living room. When I came in they all looked in my direction with sad eyes like something bad had happened to someone I cared about. I turned to Chiron who was in his centaur form in the middle of the room. He was facing the fire place like he didn't want to look at me.

"I feel like I was called into the principal's office" I said trying to lighten the mood "What's wrong"

They all turned back like they didn't want to look at me. Chiron turned to face me with the same sad face.

"What's going on?" I asked "Why are you guys looking at me like that? What happened?"

"You might want to sit down, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth said from behind me.

I walked to an arm chair next to the couch. "Ok I'm sitting down. Please tell me whats wrong."

Nico was the first to speak up. "umm........Percy we need to tell you something really bad and your going to probably blame yourself because of it."

"Please just tell me"

"Percy............it's your mom she......she's.....she's gone Percy." Nico said with sadness in his eyes.

Percy stared at Chiron his eyes both had shook and disbelief in them.

"No.......no no no" I fell off the arm chair and collapsed on the ground crying. When Annabeth saw that she ran over to me and hugged me tightly.

"Shhhh Percy its ok I've got you your ok" She said in a calm voice like she's done it before.

Percy suddenly jumped up and said "Wait what about Paul is he and my sister ok."

"Percy your mom and step-dad were both killed by a monster looking for you. Your sister hide under one of the beds just in time. She's ok. You and her were both adopted by Bruce Wayne. He is coming here from Gotham to pick you up." Nico said everyone was staring at him cause no one has ever heard him talk that much.

Percy let out a loud sigh of relief to know at least his sister was alright.