Chapter 2

I couldn't believe it.  I reread the e-mail multiple times only to make sure I hadn't misread anything but I hadn't.  I made it  and I would get to live my dreams.  This seemed so unreal. I called Lindsey and told her all about it which left my right ear practically deaf.  I had to confront my parents now but no matter what they say Im moving out.  Confident enough, I went downstairs to confront them.  They were watching tv, I stood in the way and said "I was accepted into the university and I'm determined to move out to become an actress wether you guys like it or not.  Im tired of feeling like no one in this family..." My mother stood up from the couch calmy and for a split second I thought she would congratulate me but instead she only slapped me and my father only continued watching.  Tears rolled down my cheeks as she yelled... YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN THIS FAMILY AND YOU DON'T APPRECIATE IT... I suddenly found myself screaming too...WHY DON'T YOU JUST ADMIT THAT YOU TWO HAVE NEVER CARED ABOUT ME.  My voice cracked and I had to stop screaming, I lowered my voice and said "You guys don't love me and never have and I just can't live with this anymore and pretend Im all good with it, it's decided Im leaving tomorrow morning.." With that said I went up to my room leaving them speechless once again.
~Next Day~
Speaker: Flight to Toronto, Canada leaves in 5 min.  Passengers flying to Toronto, Canada please make your way to entrance 4.
Lindsey started crying and gave me a big and tight hug. "Im gonna miss you so much" she said in between sobs. "Call me everyday and don't worry about your parents you'll be just fine, I believe in you." I gave her one last hug and left.  After a few minutes the airplane was all set and the flight started.  I was too tired to worry about anything and soon fell asleep.
~Hours later~
I was standing outside the airport completely lost and to my great luck no taxi was available.  I turned too quick to walk back in and bumped into someone who knocked me down to the floor. As I looked up this good looking guy stretched his hand out and said "Oh god, I'm truly sorry let me help you."  I grabbed his hand and stood up. "Nice to meet you, I'm Shawn." He said with a wide smile. "Oh, umm.. thanks I'm Rose, I was a little distracted that I didn't notice you walking by." "Oh no, its fine. Have you just arrived?" He asked.  "Yes, I just did but I'll have to wait since I have no ride to my hotel." "I could give you a ride if you want.  I just came to drop off my friend Brian."  I had just met this guy and I dont think it was completely safe.  Soon it would get dark so I said "Um..yea thanks I'll take your offer, it's getting pretty late anyways."  We headed to his car which wasn't far away.  "So, where do I take you?" He asked.  "Oh yea, to Fairmont Royal York.." I said.  "Daamn that's a nice one." We arrived after a few minutes and there was an akward silence.  "Hey, um thanks for the ride Shawn. It was nice meeting you." I said shyly.  "Oh, its no problem at all and same goes to you." I smiled at him and as I opened the door he said "Maybe I could give you a tour around Toronto if you'd like too." It took me by surprise but I accepted once again which brought a wide smile to his face which was pretty cute I must say.  We exchanged eachother's phone numbers and said goodbye one last time. "Thanks again Shawn." I said and he smiled.  Back in the hotel I texted Lindsey that I was safe now.  At that same moment I received a message from Shawn asking if tomorrow at 8 outside the hotel was good, I said yes.  I couldn't stop thinking about him even though I just met him.  I never had good experiences with guys.  They always ended up cheating on me leaving me like the fool or hurting me badly...but Shawn seemed so kind it was almost impossible to stop thinking about him.