Powerless

"Lena watch out" screamed Supergirl.

Lena turned around and was met by a cyborg ready to attack, Supergirl swooped between them punching it harshly in the head sending it a few metres in front of her.

"It won't work" yelled Lena, "the only way to stop it is to overcharge it with power to fry it's circuits"

"I'm on it" said the blonde, she changed her stance and shot the cyborg with her laser vision. The cyborg began to move but not enough, she leaned forward and increased her power aiming it with further intensity. She began to feel exhausted but powered through, until one final blasted caused the cyborg to disintegrate.

Supergirl panted and collapsed to her knees her hands falling forward to keep her up.

"Supergirl" Lena ran to her side kneeling besides her, struggling to hide the concern in her eyes. "Are you ok?"

The blonde turned to Lena and gave a faint smile, "yeah...........just solar flaired" replied the hero as she tried to catch her breathe.

"What does that mean?" said Lena confused.
"It means I've lost my powers, temporarily that's all" said the blonde and gave Lena a reassuring smile.

Lena raised an eyebrow "oh, what can I do to help?"

"Nothing, Lena this is just something I have to go through, 48 hours tops" said the hero.

Lena nodded, appearing to accept this, she looked around as if just noticing their surroundings for the first time.

"What now, we don't know where we are, you can't fly us out and we don't have any electronic communication devices, unless you're hiding one somewhere?" said the Luthor.

Supergirl shook her head and looked around too. They were in the desert, no road or buildings nearby.

"I guess we walk then" said the blonde, pulling herself up from the ground and dusting herself off. She stood straight with her hands rested on her hips "you ready?" Asked the blonde as she offered her hand to Lena.

Lena ignored it and pulled herself up instead, she stared into the hero's blue eyes,

"I'm always ready.......Kara" said the Luthor sternly.

The blonde dropped her hand and stared back with her mouth open in shock,

"How, how long have you known?"

"I found out today, that madman let slip when he kidnapped me"

"Lena.....I wanted to tell you"

"Save it Kara, we're done if we don't have trust we have nothing"

Kara dropped her head and stared down at her boots, trying to hide the tears that were threatening to fall.

"Please Lena" croaked the blonde "I can't lose you".

The Luthor stared back with an icy stare,

"Then you should have thought about that before you lied to me over and over again" the brunette turned and looked off into the distance.

"Lena, the DEO wouldn't let me, it was to protect you"

"Oh please, why don't you just stop kidding yourself, you, the DEO would never trust me because I'm a Luthor, it doesn't matter what I do, how much I've helped both of you, that's all I'll ever be" screamed Lena.

"That's not true, Lena I do trust you"

"Just not with this, hey Supergirl, to think I trusted you"

"Don't act like you haven't kept stuff from me, the kryptonite" said the blonde in anger.

"Oh, I knew you'd throw that back in my face, but you're still not getting it"