Chapter 1: Not all people are homeless

Miami, Florida - 1495 miles

Before we begin, I just want to let you know that I never meant to ruin my sister's wedding.

I know this probably isn't the best starting impression-you probably think that I'm some whore now. (Not you specifically, Harry, don't worry. I know that you would never think that -remember that time when Alec called me one and you pretty much lost your shit?) A bitch, maybe, but I am not, by any means, a whore. Now, the others are probably wondering what the hell I'm talking about, so I Guess if I want them to understand this, then we're going to have to go back in time a little bit. Well, kids, it all started when I almost hit a homeless person with my car.

Well I thought atleast he was homeless.

The beginning:

Starbucks is probably the most overrated coffee shop of all time.

I'm not even joking. You see all these girls on Instagram with their #starbucks, #bestdrinkever, #pumpkinspicelatte, but I am here to tell you that they are all liars. Starbucks is actually kind of gross, especially those Cotton candy frappuccions that everybody is always going on about on Tumblr. The pumpkin spice lattes they have in the fall are decent (as long as you don't post them on Instagram. If you do, then I'll just dislike you more than I probably already do), but I'm still more of a Dunkin' Donuts person, being from Massachusetts and all.

If I'm being completely honest here, the sole reason I eve step into Starbucks is for Cute Coffee Guy. He's been working here for a few months now, and I always make sure to stop by for a Mocha frappuccino just so I can have the chance to talk to him. According to his name tag, he's a Frank, but that is honestly the worst name I have ever heard in my life, so I just prefer to call him Cute coffee guy. Well, atleast in my head. It's slipped out a couple of times and I can't even begin to explain how embarassing that was for me.

''Hey, Lexi,''Cute Coffe Guy, also know as Frank to the rest of the world, smiled at me. He had, atleast in my opinion, the best smile ever because his teeth were sort of crooked in an extremely hot way. ''The usual, right?''

''Yup'', I nodded. As he prepared ,my drink, I acted like I was totally interested in the story he was telling me about the old lady he had met in the grocery store yesterday, but really, I was just dreaming about him being shirtless.

''Here you go''. Once he finished his story, Cute Coffe Guy handed me my drink and I shot him my flirtiest smile which probably came out looking more creepy than sexy and then walked out of Starbucks. I wasn't going to be seeing him for a long time, unfortunately, because I was leaving Florida for the summer to go to my sister's wedding.

I took a seat on a nearby bench; the only other person beside me was a guy with curly brown hair and a large, oversized fedora. He was dressed in tattered jeans and his hair was very long, and he had an empty Starbucks cup in his hands as he looked up at strangers hopefully. However, everybody ignored him and I couldn't help but feel sympathetic towards him. Why were people so cruel towards homeless these days? It wasn't right. But I was going to be a good person today and help save the world or some shit like that, one homeless person at a time. So I gave him a small smile and dropped two quarters in his coffee cup.

''What the fuck?''

I glanced at the homeless guy in confusion. ''What?'' I asked him. ''I was doing you a favor; why are you so pissed?''

He gave me a weird look and then said slowly as if I was the one who didn't understand, ''Dude, I don't need this''.

Wow. The one time I tried to do a nice thing and people wouldn't even accept it. ''Yes, you do,'' I told him. ''Just take it,please''.