Chapter 23: Goodbyes mean different things to different people

Wayne, Pennsylvania - 411 miles

Nyla had officially declared herself heartbroken after everything that had occurred last night, and I think it was safe to say that I was too.

I hadn't gotten to hear much of the details from her at the party yesterday, because, well, I had been pretty busy myself, if you know what I'm hinting at. However, the minute that we got home, she had warned me that the next morning, I was going to hear everything from her. And even though it sounded incredibly selfish, at the time, I hadn't exactly wanted to have to sit down and listen to her boyfriend drama. Truly, I would have much rather spent my time (making out) with Harry once again.

Around seven forty-five in the morning, my phone buzzed with a text message, and I could feel my heart skip a beat when I noticed who it was from Harry.

Come to my room, I want to see you

That meant that he didn't regret anything about last night, right? I hoped he didn't because I honestly was not ready for a repeat of what had happened the first time we had done something like this. After last night, I wasn't sure if I would ever be ready to go back to being simply platonic with Harry, not after what I had witnessed firsthand what being more than friends felt like.

harry it's SEVEN IN THE MOrning I typed quickly, trying to fight the smile that was threatening to spread across my face. I was thankful that it was dark in the room and that Nyla was still asleep because I was sure that I looked ridiculous right now.

I don't care. Now, are you coming or do I have to find another girl to like?

I stopped caring about pushing my smile away at that point. I clearly couldn't help myself around him, and it only grew when I realized that this wasn't going to be like last time. He wanted something to happen between us now, just like I did, but that was really as far as I could go. What did I want with Harry? For him to be my boyfriend? I had no idea because the two of us hadn't really even started from the beginning. If you thought about it, we had never even been on a proper date. I think it was simply that the more time we spent together, the more I realized that I didn't necessarily feel like I was forced to hang out with him anymore; instead, I found myself struggling to find an extra time that we could spend alone together.

Almost a minute later, another text message from Harry came in.

You know I was joking, right? I'm not like threatening you or whatever.

I stifled a laugh, so as not to wake Nyla up. I know that. but maybe you should rephrase your question then

His response came in seconds later.

Please O Great One, come to my room for I am incredibly hard right now.

I gasped a little bit too loud with that one, and even in the dark, I could feel my cheeks heat up as I quickly typed back, harry it's SEVEN IN THE MORNING

I'm kidding...

Oh. Well, that suddenly made a whole lot more sense.

oh yeah i knew that lol

I think that maybe you wanted me to be hard. Maybe you'll offer to 'take care of it later' like you did last night?

fuck you

Wow you really are hitting on me then. Is that how you show your affection, Lexi?

for the most part.

After I had sent that final message, I quietly tiptoed out of bed and then shut the door behind me, leaving Nyla there to continue sleeping while I crept across the other side of the hall to the room that Harry was sharing with Travis and Niall. I hadn't even begun to think about what could happen if the two of them were there, mainly because I had simply assumed that they would still be asleep, just like Nyla was. But I was clearly proven wrong when I opened the door and heard the wolf whistles coming from none other than Niall fucking Horan.