Chapter 1: The Calm Before the Storm

Tina Time woke up the way she did every day just seconds before her alarm clock went off, she flicked her hand in the direction of the clock and it rests ready for tomorrow.

She snuggled into her blanket trying to go back to sleep but already knew there was no way she would be able to do that, so she got up and started packing her final bag. 

Today she would be traveling back to Ever After High for her 3rd year, she wasn't exactly one of those kids who worshipped the school and loved being there. 

To be honest she really only went because she had to, she wasn't allowed to go to school in Wonderland which was the closest and wouldn't require her to have to move somewhere else. 

Her mother; The living embodiment of time itself said it wasn't safe yet and that by the time she would be the keeper of time, it would be safe enough for her children to go to a different school.

Tina herself wasn't exactly thrilled about having to go to school and learn with a bunch of prissy princesses, perfect princes, and rebellious villains. 

She was slightly jealous of all of her classmates who got to choose their destinies unlike her who had to take over as the guardian of time otherwise time forever could stop. 

Tina couldn't think about that right now though she had to pack otherwise she would be late, she was never late. 

She placed her suitcase on her bed and started packing the rest of the supplies she would need to survive the next 3 months of school, she was already tired of school and she hasn't even gotten there yet. 

Tina looked over at her dresser and saw her special picture frame, it was a rectangle shape with bronze gears that were rotating that turned slowly, the picture was Tina and her 2 BFFA (Best Friends Forever After) Gideon Gaston and Rowen Shoe.

The photo had the 3 of them smiling Tina was in the middle her arms wrapped around the other's shoulders, to her right was a girl with light brown hair that at that time was cut at her shoulder, she had brown eyes, fairish skin, and freckles. 

On Tina's, left was a boy with black hair that was spiked up in the front, had electric blue eyes, and he was a bit tanner than the girl on the right but wasn't as dark as Tina. 

The picture slid to the right and was replaced by a photo of Tina with her mother, she was wrapped in her arms the 2 women holding each other smiling at the camera. 

Tina grabbed the frame and put it in her suitcase, she didn't have time to reminisce about old times right now.

 She needed to get to school before lunch, so she could grab her schedule, get assigned a roommate (which she knew was going to be Rowen), and start decorating. 

'The job of a student is never done.' Tina thought before looking around her room once more before zipping up her now full bag and pulling it off her bag before grabbing some clothes and walked into the bathroom to get ready for the day. 

30 minutes later, Tina came out of the bathroom with her dark brown hair curled to perfection (Well not really, but as perfect as she could get it), wearing her signature outfit which was literally just an orange skirt with little clock designs on it, a blue short-sleeved shirt with a tiny clock in the top right corner, she wore blue wedge sandals with a little gear outline on it where you could see her ankle. She didn't wear any jewelry or have any piercings (She wanted to get her ears pierced all along her earlobe, but her mother said no) so she was just a plain jane.

Once Tina finished packing she went to breakfast, this would be her last breakfast for a few months with her mother. 

She sat down and waited about 20 seconds before her mother burst into the room and scooped her daughter up into a bear hug. Naomi Time was 5'7 and dressed in blue pants with gold accents, a navy blue waistcoat that was over a white shirt that was kinda tucked into her pants, brown riding boots, and she wore very regal white gloves just for effect. She had pure white hair that was, just like her daughter, curly, but at the moment it was in a messy bun. 

Though unlike her daughter she had grey eyes that were a bit blue in them, other than that she looked like an older version of Tina. 

Naomi's hair was once brown, but as she got older it turned white cause she had to look wise, but Naomi Time was childish and funny and was rarely seen without a smile on her face.

 Tina hugged her mother back soaking up all the love her mother was radiating, they let go of each other smiling at each other before grabbing their plates and cups that were on the table and walking into their living room to eat. They ate on the couch talking like Tina wasn't about to leave,

'Mom most likely froze time for a few minutes.' Tina, she had been talking for at least half an hour

"Mom. I have to go." 

The brunette says sadly hinting to her mom it was time to resume, the white-haired woman sighed sadly and nodded putting her arms up in the air and shaking her hands around a bit, blue mist surrounded her fingertips before they both heard giant bells ringing. 

It meant that time had resumed, meaning Tina was about to be late for sign in. They shared one last hug, it was long and full of them sharing encouraging words.

 Both females let go and share a sad smile, Naomi kissed Tina on the forehead then shooed her off. 

In the middle of a room in the back of the Time's house, was a single large grandfather clock. You wouldn't know that it was thousands of years old by just looking at it, but if you looked closely enough you would see signatures. 

The signatures were of every member of the Time family since the beginning, you see in this old family at the age of 10 you would carve your name into the inside of the clock and your name would light up when someone came through the clock.

I probably should have mentioned the clock is actually the door to a walkway to different places in the world, yeah that should have been the first thing I tell you.

 Anyway, this was the only way to get from the Time's house to Ever After High, so this was the only way for Tina to get to and from school.

 Tina reached pushed the pendulum over to the side so she could get in. She pushed against the back wall with one hand the other holding her suitcase, the back wall swung open and Tina walked through.