Chapter 3- I Guess I'm A Mom Now

Getting in was easy, you'd think a family of trained ninjas and assassins would have better security. They didn't though, made my job easier.

We came in through a window, landing in an empty hallway. Well, almost empty. There was one of the family members in said hallway, but before they could do anything- I swung my kasarigama and the blade lodged itself into their skull. 

"Pretty good..." Yukino started. "For a ninja."

"The hell you trying to say?" I hissed, pulling my kasarigama out of the persons skull.

Yukino pulled the loose fabric around her neck over her mouth, and started walking down the hall.

"Hey! I ain't done talking to you!" I whispered yelled, before following her. 

We killed anyone we encountered, no one really put up much of a fight. We had the major element of surprise on our side. It also helped that Jack had apparently set fire to the garden and left side of the house. Hiding in the shadows, we saw a bunch of lower level- referring to their clans- ninjas and assassins race to the other side of the house that had the blazing fire. That wasn't exactly the best idea, just saying. Jack may be an asshole, but he was definitely strong enough to handle dozens of enemies at a time. At least he was useful for something. 

Yukino and I used this distraction to our advantage, heading to the room that was situated in the center of the house. I could hear the burning of wood, and from my spot on the ceiling- no I wasn't spider man, I'm able to turn my nails into claws, so I was hanging onto the ceiling- I could see smoke starting to flow to the room we were in. 

"Who's-" a guard standing at the front if the door started, before getting cut off by a throwing star being impaled into his throat by yours truly. Then another one into his forehead. Down he goes. 

The second guard raised his katana, knocking a side one of my throwing stars. Gotta say, good aim. Too bad he was about to die.

He looked up, staring at the place where I just so happened to be hanging out on the ceiling. He reached behind his back, to grab something, probably something to throw at me. 

I just pointed to the spot next to him, he looked over to see Yukino with a small blade in her hand. Before he could say anything, she stabbed him in the neck, hitting the carotid artery. He fell to the floor, dead, as blood gushed out of his neck. I dropped down from the ceiling, and walked over to Yukino. She was covered in blood, but she simply used her clean hand to wipe the blood off her face. I am willing to admit that I very much found that hot. 

"The rest of the family should be in this room." She said, grabbing her blade from the now dead guards neck.

I nodded, "Jack should have probably killed the rest of the household by now. We should hurry."

Yukino put the blade away, after wiping it clean on her outfit. She nodded and opened the door, my grip tightened on the chains of my kasarigama, I was ready to face off anyone. I had to make my mom proud of my. I wish I realized then that, I never needed my mother's pride or approval. 

We ran into the room, I slashed a guy across the chest, Yukino stabbed another, the ice spreading from her katana to the guys stab wound, and he was turned into a nice ice statue. Although he started melting into a puddle from the heat of the flames that were starting to blaze behind us.

We entered another room that was connected to the one we were in, slashing down more guards and one person who was wearing the families pendent.

When no one else was attacking us, I saw that, sitting in the middle of the room, playing with a white teddy bear, was a 6 year old Brazilian girl with blue eyes and brown hair. 

Yukino and I looked at each other in utter confusion. Who was this little girl? Where was the head of the family?

"Where is the head of the clan?" Yukino asked.

"Hell if I know." I hissed.

The little girl looked at us, "I'm the head!" She shouted happily.

I stared at her, "I'm sorry- what?" This little girl was the head of the clan? What the hell! I can't kill a kid. No way.

The little girl laughed, standing up and walking over to Yukino, grabbing hold of her leg. Yukino froze for a moment- get it? Froze! Okay, I'll shut up- before trying to shake the girl off. I yelled at her to stop shaking the little girl, she just snapped that she did not want "this inferior life form" to touch her.

"You know you were a kid once, right?"

"Oh shut up and take her!" Yukino yelled, shaking her leg that the girl was clinging to, to make a point. The girl just laughed. 

I grabbed the girls back and pried her off of Yukino's leg. I held her in my arms, and it felt so nice- I never wanted to let go. 

"What's your name?" I asked while Yukino fixed her outfit. 

"Yarah!" She shouted excitedly.

I looked over at Yukino, "I can't kill a child." I told her.

Her eyes seemed to soften, "I can't either..." She admitted. 

I looked at Yarah, she was using my shoulder like a drum. I wanted to run away with her and raise her as if she were my own child. But that was crazy...Right? Someone tell me that was a crazy idea. Please.

"We have to go." Yukino said, and I knew she was right. I could hear the fire raging closer, and I knew that Jack would be here soon.

"I wanna come!" Yarah said.

"Yarah-" I started, ready to tell her no. 

"I wanna come! You can be my mommies!" 

"I refuse to be anyone's 'mommy'." Yukino said coldly.

"We have too." I said. "If we leave her here, my cousin will kill her." I wasn't going to let that happen, he will never touch her. Not as long as I'm alive.

"Our families-"

"I know... We can never go back." I knew exactly what I was doing. I know we could never go back, that we'll be hunted for the rest of our lives.

Yukino thought for a moment, I had a feeling that Yarah would never leave without Yukino too. "Alright," She said finally. "But we have to leave, now."

I nodded, using my free hand that wasn't carrying Yarah, I swung my kasarigama and focused on summoning my powers. The blade burst into flames, and cut open the wall, setting the walls on either side ablaze. 

Smoke started to fill the room, I could hear footsteps in the room behind us. I basically pushed Yukino out of the room and follow closely behind, and we ran as fast as possible. I made the mistake of looking behind me- I saw Jack, standing in the burning house, staring at us, blood dripping down his face as the walls crumbled around him. 

I grabbed several smoke bombs, throwing them onto the ground to give us cover as we ran away from the burning house.