11. CLOSEST TO ANIMALS

Feigh

I woke up with a heavy heart and the worst headache I've ever had. I sat bolt upright and regretted it immediately as a surge of pain shot through my skull. Clamping both hands on my head, massaging it gently to push the pain aside but failed. The pain was intense. I decided to lay down my head on the bed again. My hands were clenching the sheets in a steely grip.

I yelped in surprise, engrossed to wrapped the sheets tightly around me as I heard a clicks of heels against the concrete path through where I was.

I let out a sigh of relief as a young woman entered the bedroom. It was Lilli. "My Lady, did I disturbed you?"

I reassured her, "No! Please call me Feigh. Lady Feigh or My Lady are a bit of a mouthful,"

"I don't think, King Iandraze will be happy to hear that if I addressed you with your first name, Lady Feigh," she mumbled as she looked at the floor.

"Then you can call me Feigh when we're alone. Please!" I told her as she twisted her hands together while looking down. She nodded after a few moments of contemplative silence.

"Anyway, you don't have to watch me all night when I'm sleeping,"

"King Iandraze instructed me to watch you because he told me that you will be awake in a moment and ordered me to deliver some medication for a hangover," she pointed to the small basket of pills for the hangover on the counter. "King Iandraze has already had clothing and supplies delivered for you. Once you feel better, I will show you to your new closet King Iandraze had installed on the other side of this room. I will help you get change from now on,"

Without thinking, I snorted. "You don't have to do that. I can take care of myself. You can wait for me in the living room. I'm just going to take a shower," she nodded without another word as she slipped out.

I took the pills and made my way to the bathroom, humming contentedly to myself, as the water pounded into my skull, I realized I didn't slip out of my clothes. Oh my God! I was naked. I don't remember I slept naked.

Shivering, I remembered I was at the Grand Hall and there was an event and Candice. Candice was with me... how the hell I end up here?

Slowly, the piercing pain in my head began to recede a little and the memories of the event started to trickle back into my consciousness. Fuck! I got drunk and... and Draze, he said he'll mate with me. Oh my God! Did it really happen? Or am I just hallucinating? It seemed so, but the images and words were there all right, however, it's a little jumbled. I need to find Candice and just ask her.

As I finished with my routine, I wore a white gossamer sundress, a black cardigan and a pair of black sandals. How did they know my sizes?

That doesn't matter right now, I forced myself to stay on task.

I crossed the living room and I saw Lilli who walked over towards me. "My Lady — err...Feigh, I am here to accompany you wherever you go, that's King Iandraze order," she twisted her hands together again. I smiled and nodded my head to reassure her that I was fine with it.

"I'm going to see Candice," I said and she gave me a small smile as she followed me through the familiar passageway where Candice suite was located, my head was pacing around studying the building attentively. A multi-storied atrium housing apartments caught my eyes, I spun to face Lilli, "Lilli, how many exactly Vampire were living here?"

"I'm not sure, Feigh. I heard it's about thousands of Vampires and thousand of humans as well,"

Okay, I might as well just ask Draze for a specific answer. If I was really going to live here, I need to do some research.