16. WITNESSING THE CRUELTY

Feigh

Draze was clearly anxious as he finished getting dressed and prepared to go. Still sitting on the bed, leaning against the bed frame watching him watching me, he smirked. My eyes roamed along the hard planes of his broad chest, his toned muscles ripple with every movement and his broad, thick shoulders that screamed power made me lost to even care about his smugness. It was obvious from his expression that my struggling hormones must have been super clear in my face because his look shifted into scorching hot desire.

He slowly settled down on the bed and his steel arms slid around my back as he pulled me close, his head came down to whisper, "When I came back after tonight's festivities." I tried to yank myself from his arms, but he didn't let me get very far. He kept one arm securely around my waist. A deep blush washed over my cheeks, he chuckled.

After a few moments, he held my face with both hands to make sure he had my undivided attention and murmured, "I have to go, I have meetings with the Bloodline Vampire and the Counsel. I want you to stay here while I'm gone. Do you understand me?" Clearly his words and the way he said that wasn't asking me to stay here, but he was ordering me. Damn! Why would he have to be so hot when he's ordering me? I might have argued with his assessment right now. But of course, even if I do that, as if I have a chance to win over him.

I rolled my eyes and his eyes narrowed. I immediately replied softly, "I will do as you ask. Please, don't take too long."

He nodded and the lines of his forehead relaxed. He kissed me on the lips lightly before walking out the door.

Two freaking hours passed. And Lilli wasn't in sight. Damn! I have already took a shower and even dabbed my face with light makeups. Still, I was bored. And I was hungry. It was almost a sunset in an hour. Surely, all the vampires were gathered at the Grand Hall, I needed to find Lilli, I was not going too far away from Draze domain.

Okay, that's it.

I stepped out from Draze's suite, slowly making my way into the kitchen. I found several humans cleaning the entire room. Abruptly, the cook spun to face me and bowed, "Lady Feigh, do you need someone to assist you today?"

"Um, I'm looking for Lilli because I'm a little bit hungry," I mumbled and looked down, twitching my fingers together.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry. Please have a seat and I'll cook anything for your liking." I gave him a smile and settled down on the couch.

"What kind of dish would you give me the honor to cook for you, My Lady?" he asked.

"Um, I'm not picky...?"

"It's Gideon, I am the new cook here, My Lady," He bowed again.

"Gideon, anything. What is your specialty? Can I have the honor to have a taste of your specialty? And please call me, Feigh," I used the sweetest tone. His eyes widened and I didn't hesitate to fill some in, "When we're alone and Draze is not here, please call me Feigh. I'll be happy to hear you call me just Feigh," I reassured him.

He cleared his throat and nodded anyway. "Of course, Feigh,"

After I ate, Lilli still wasn't in sight. I was getting more and more anxious. "Have you found Lilli already, Gideon?"

"I apologized, My Lady. But the servant I sent out to look for Lilli haven't come back yet," he looked at me apologetically.

I had no idea what or worst she was having to deal with right now. What if she ran into a vampire? Shit! Lilli never leaves my side especially when it was mealtime. I paced the floor. The people in the same room with me, stared at me with concerned. Some were shocked. I know because nobody gives a fuck about them. But I was also a human, I know what extremely threat a vampire can to a mere-human like us. Adrenaline pounded hard through my veins as I hurried out the kitchen and finally outside Draze's domain.