{1} - The First Night

Tonight I would get to meet someone I had talked to once. A star of course. Someone better than me obviously. I pulled on the long, oversized sweater. Even though the concert would be hot and uncomfortable. Jeans next and some tennis shoes as well. "Johnathan! We are gonna be late!" My sister and father call from the bottom of the steps. I squeak and grab my phone, running down. "I'm coming!" We looked up at my father. The ride was long, it felt like. Once we were out of the car, we race up to the area and I smile and we receive our V.I.P passes. Dave had instructed them to be given to us, after our first talk. That was about a week and a half ago. I was nervous he didn't remember me. I walk with them to our spot in the concert and stand with my dad and sister. The concert begins about an hour later.
Music blasting and screaming was making my ears bleed just by the loud noises. I hum at the music and watch the concert continue. I fiddle with the straps of my binder and look down. My big, blue eyes were scanning the theatre. I watched him dance and sing on the stage. He was supposed to start my school this year, this was his last show until the end of the school year. His agent/brother's orders. I uh.. only know because of the news. It would be hell to talk to him by the fact that girls would be dripping in their panties and tripping over their own feet at the thought of dating him. He's gay though.. so we'll see how that goes.
On the sidelines, stands Karkat Vantas. I heard that he's Dave's best friend that lives with him. So, he goes with him everywhere. It was kinda cool to see them be so close, I suppose. I couldn't hide the small twinge of jealousy though. But it wasn't the fact of Dave being a star, just that he has such great friends. I would like a friend that great sometimes. I'm pulled out of my thoughts by a shove by Jade. "Johnnnnnnn, its time to go backstage. Come on!" I didn't even realize the show was over.
I nod, nervously nibbling at the white of my nails. My scarred arms being covered by a sweater. The clink of the metal was in my pockets. We were lead to the backstage, my hand in one pocket of my sweater, feeling a blade that had been long forgotten.
When we walked in, I saw Karkat place a kiss on Dave's lips and it immediately clicked. They're dating. But why wouldn't we already know that? Karkat looks over and waves at us. He walks away. Maybe because the fans were scary.
Dave looked at our small group and smirked. "You guy can sit down." I follow the group, sitting down on the couch. "So let's see if I can match names to faces.." Dave hums. He points to dad. "Mr. Egbert." Then to Jade. "Jade." To Jane. "Jane." Then to Jake. "Jake." Then lastly me. "John." He smiles.
Like an actual smile, which was odd. Striders weren't known to smile. I looked at the blonde in shades, and then around the back room. Bro Strider walked in. "I told you no more shows this year, Devin." He growled, ending the call and then looking over. "Ah, hello, everyone." He smirked and sat down. "This is quite the bunch, Mr. Egbert." Dad laughs as if he didn't already know this. "Indeed they are." He smiles.
Dave kept staring at me, or atleast that's what it felt like? I couldn't tell with his shades on. When a hour had passed, we finally were heading home. Going out a secret entrance with Karkat Vantas, Dave, Dirk, and Bro Strider. We got inside a limo, and then we were going home. Home to the big house I lived in. Dave and Karkat would be staying in the second bed in my room, something of their request.
As the night dragged on and everyone went to bed, I couldn't help but wonder what it would've been like if I was Dave's friend/boyfriend. I looked over and saw them kissing and cuddling, as they quietly whispered to each other. I smile softly at the sight of them being happy.
My eyes fall closed and my usual nightmares ensue. I'm in a dark room, feeling the walls and trying to find a door handle. I grab onto something, but it's like a claw. It grabs me and pulls me to the side, as the floor opens up and into another room, but the floor was spikes. "You hurt yourself so much, let me help you out with it." Then I'm pushed, and I wake up with a jolt. A gasp left my lips. Tears running down my face and wiping my eyes the best I can. I could hear soft breathing in the room and I looked over quickly. It was just Karkat and Dave. Sighing, I swing my feet over the edge of the bed and slipping off his bed. He was too short for the overly high bed, so a thump could be heard.