38. HE LOVES ME SO MUCH😔😔

Hi everyone out there!!

Here's the next chapie.

I dedicate this chapie to my friend Sar_Van99 for voting first on the previous chapie..

****

Katherine's POV:

I went to the restaurant where Kevin worked as a part time waiter once. I used to come here once in a while when he's here. At that time I didn't want to eat anything, as we were short of money, but he used to serve me chicken manchurian noodles which was my favourite. He said that the owner used to allow his worker's some food occasionally. I wanted to thank his owner that times but he wouldn't let me meet him.
After eating the same noodles, I felt that Kevin is still watching me eat my favourite noodles.

After paying the bill, I asked the waiter where his boss is. He looked nervous thinking that I'm going to complain about him. I think he's new to this work, as he accidentally dropped some noodles on my handbag while he was serving. After assuring him that it's not about him I'm gonna talk with the owner, he took me inside a room at the corner of the restaurant.

It is a small room with a table inside. A man sat in a chair behind the table. He had spectacles and had hreyish hair. He seemed to be in his late 50s or early 60s.

" Good afternoon Mam. How may I help you?" He greeted after seeing me. I didn't miss the glare he sent towards the poor terrified waiter.

"Good afternoon Sir. I came here to have a word with you, if you don't mind. " I greeted back.

After the waiter left when the owner signalled him to go, the owner spoke " I'm sorry if you had a bad experience with the waiter. He's new and is badly in need of a job. "

" No sir, he did his work well Sir." I said.

" Oh then what brings you here mam?" He asked politely.

" Sir, I am Katherine Jacob." I said.

He seemed to be in thought where he had heard this name.

" I am sister of Kevin Jacob, who worked here an year ago." I added.

His eyes widened in recognition " Yes, now I understood why you looked so familiar.  You have many similar features to your brother. I am sorry about your brother." He said with a sad smile.

After a moment of painful silence I spoke " Thanks for your kind gestures back then Sir."

" What gestures are you taking about Ms.Jacob?" He asked.

" You let Kevin give me my favourite dish from your restaurant everytime I came, I'm referring to that Sir." I said.

" You can call me Andrew. You're like my daughter.  I'm afraid dear to say that I haven't done any such things then." He said dropping a bomb on me.

" You didn't?" I asked shocked.

" No dear. Kevin used to pay for the dish." He replied.

" But we didn't have enough money then." I remarked.

" There are a few things you don't know about him dear." He said shocking me again.

" What are they Sir?" I asked.

" He was the one who paid your university fees in the form of anonymous scholarship." Andrew said shocking me to the core.

" What!" I exclaimed in disbelief while covering my mouth with my hands.