Dancing with the beasts

4
☾ ♱ ☽

Amira sat completely in her own element, watching from across the road as a crowd of rowdy young adults trailed through the door at the end of an alley way. It was a very suspicious place to insert a club, but these weren't normal human beings.

Her designated driver, in which she discovered was named Finlay after he'd received a phone call from his wife who'd ended up screaming his name about ten times out of anger because he was home late, 'again'. Amira tried her best not to laugh, especially when he had gone to apologising more times to her than his wife.

She'd also found out that he was a father of two, and he'd been a royal servant for almost three centuries before he went to part-time Uber for vampires. He was bold with bright red puffy cheeks and huge red eyes. When she got to speaking to him more, he turned out to be very down to earth.

Finlay's eyes captured hers through the review mirror as she opened the car door. "I'll wait here when you get back, m'lady." He announced.

She shook her head and gave him an appreciative smile. "That's okay Finlay, I think I'll be a while and I'm sure your wife would like for you to attend dinner this time."

"But how would you get back to the grand hotel?" He asked in horror.

"I'll find a way."

"That's at least fifteen minutes away, m'lady. And it's late."

She laughed incredulously. "Might I remind you that we are vampires. You should be more worried about those out strolling tonight. I'm feeling a bit hungry."

His eyes widened at her obviously pathetic and not at all funny joke. "But m'lady, that's forbidden." He gasped as if he wasn't sure how to handle the situation, and that made Amira laugh again. Wholeheartedly, because his reaction was priceless.

Yes, in fact it was. Vampires weren't aloud to feed any human being without their permission. Thats why there were bars around the city that offered free blood for those who were in need of it. Vampires didn't have to constantly drink in order to survive. They could go decades without it. Though some happened to just grow addicted to it, and it was usually the wealthy vampires who could afford unlimited amounts of human blood.

"I'm only teasing, Finlay. Please, go before your wife murders you." She waved him off before slamming the door and walking away.

Amira had been waiting all day for this, and now that she was here, her gut had a very unsettling nerve that she couldn't fathom to understand. Though she brushed it off, not thinking about it too much in case it'd distract her from her mission.

Weirdly enough, there were no bouncers around to check through, no security guards issued to stand and keep watch. If the werewolves were so kept on hiding away, wouldn't that be their first thought? Go figured, whatever the reason they still managed to hide out in success.

Unfortunately not tonight.

The moment Amira walked through the entry hallway, the smell of their scent was like a stench, and it was that strong she had to mask the disgust from her face. Neon lights of red, green and blue moved over every head of the club in an unpredictable rhythm as the heavy sound of death music blistered through the speakers. Any louder and Amira was sure her ears were going to explode.

Hundreds of werewolves dispersed through every corner- every inch of the room, the energy that evaporated from all the hyped up animals on the dance floor almost gave her a headache. She couldn't help but look at them all dumbfounded.

So this is where they were hiding out, all this damn time they were getting wasted and dry humping underground?

Made sense though, werewolves were much more laid back and free-spirited than vampires.