Giving in

10
☾ ♱ ☽

A M I R A
My eyes heated with anger while his blazed with desire to reach in and kiss me again. The only thing stopping that from happening was my hand, creating enough distance to allow me to properly concentrate. I was utterly breathless in that moment, because he'd taken it upon himself to steal every air inside my lungs when he pressed his lips on mine.

I tried to look away from his gaze, but his emotions were completely raw and I could tell it was taking him a lot to restrain himself. His eyes weren't blue anymore, and instead of finding myself swimming in a pool of clear water, I was drowning in a pit full of fire.

He shook his head, dazed and completed effaced of any emotion other than shock. He took a step back, mumbled a quickly apology, and left before I could reply. It felt like I was standing in the middle of the hallway for hours, trying to summon any rational explanation as to what happened. But I couldn't think of anything other than the softness of his lips. The smell of mint. The gentleness of his touch.

I couldn't get it out of my head.

***

I've been here for over two weeks. Antonio refused to let me head back to the grand hotel, and I wasn't even sure if I was a guest anymore. More like a prisoner. I could roam the household freely without his permission or supervision, but I couldn't leave the property.

It didn't piss me off until this morning, when I walked into his office. I should have knocked, but I didn't see why I had to. That was, until I found Lia on top of him, shirtless, heated in a make out session with none other than my supposed mate. I wish I could have said that I wasn't upset about it, but deep down, I was. Very.

However, we weren't going to be mates forever. This bond will be dealt with once the trials begin.

I was kneeling on top of the roof of the manor, watching Dalian who was trying to teach his members how to fight. To my amusement, he wasn't doing much of a good job. In fact, the moment he paired up two women together, he found himself separating them because it was getting a bit too serious. As in, someone was screaming, "you fucked my boyfriend"

The next pair were men, one who thought too much that his pumped up biceps and muscles were going to win the round. However, the other guy was much faster and cleaner with his punches, and as a result- had the guy on steroids raging. He was one second from blowing someone's house down when Dalian stopped him.

I try to await patiently for Dalians teaching skills to progress, but he's as ridiculous during than he was at the beginning. Without thinking, I jump off the roof, and land right in the middle of the circle full of idiots.

The circle expanded in surprise, some flinching away and others standing their ground. Dalian steps in and eyes the top of the roof in confusion. "Nice to see you could join us Luna."

I nod, then turn to the crowd. "Why don't we test our hearing capabilities to see if we can rely not on our eyes, but our nose and ears. You all are too busy judging your opponents when you should be fully focused on yourself."

"Blind folding us?" Someone questions, "That's so stupid."

My brow arched. "Oh really?" I held an emotionless expression. "Then why don't you come here and be a volunteer."

She huffed at that, and shoved her way passed those in front of her. I realised thenthat I'd gotten lucky. Lia stood in front of me holding a plain old smirk between her lips. She was looking me up and down as if she didn't have a care at all. I held my guard though, and fetched for someone to bring up two blindfolds.