Bloody mate

5
☾ ♱ ☽

Amira seemed to have forgotten time as she continued to search through the eyes of this remarkably handsome yet intimidating man.

His features were structured perfectly, the darkness only contouring the hallows of his cheekbones and the sharpness of his jawline. His hair glistened underneath the streetlights, as if he'd covered himself in wax or coconut oil.

His black shirt strained against the muscles of his biceps, chest and abdomen, clinging to him with dear life dependence. She'd never seen someone as perfectly built as him, or tall. While she analysed her root of him, he had taken to studying her just as closely.

His eyes travelled slowly down her body in mere attempt to wonder. He couldn't help to appreciate every curve, mountain, and valley that moulded this woman. He noticed her laboured, short breathing, and wondered if she were as affected by him as he was with her. But Amira was only trying to find a way to undo whatever spell that had her caving in at such dangerous pace.

Her eyes flickered over his face, his neck, and his chest, unsure as to which part she wanted to be more lured into. She found out rather quickly that it was his voice which had her weakened by her knees. What was this power that had her completely at mercy for this stranger? She'd never felt such a strange pull, and she was too curious not to let go.

"Who are you?" He asked in a reverential tone, beating her to the question.

"I'm, uh..." Amira's voice trailed off, lost in his dark gaze. She couldn't find herself to form a coherent sentence, not with such an inquisitive feeling overwhelming her. She shook head and unlatched herself from his hand still resting on her neck. Suddenly, she felt much better.

Something twinkled in his eyes as he watched her, powerful enough to withstand any form of intensity. It felt like she had no choice but to stare straight into his hypnotising eyes, as if he wanted her to make sure all her attention was drawn to him.

Her mouth opened to try rehash another unrefined introduction, but her words were eaten up yet again. This time, it wasn't because of her inability to speak. Amira's ears jolted up at the sound of someone behind them, and she spun around to find the two men recovering from their attack.

Immediately someone yanked her arm, and soon she found herself being shoved into a car. Gunshots were directed in every space around her, breaking the barriers of the passengers window until it sprinkled at her knees.

"Motherfucker." The guy quickly revved up the engine, his eyes no longer blue. His now scarlet gaze swung to her when he ordered, "Duck your head down, now!"

Amira did just that, not because she was listening to his orders, but she didn't fancy getting shot in the head. Though it held no damage, it was merely like stepping on a prickle, a prickle was a nuisance, and she was one step from losing her temper. The sounds of bullets firing on the side of the car bursted into her eardrums.

She gave the guy a quizzical look, wondering why the car wasn't moving. He muttered another curse. "The cars jacked up." He twisted the key again, but it did nothing. He slammed his hands onto the steering wheel in frustration.

Amira's arms shielded her head as bullets came flying toward them. She'd been completely irritated before this, but now she was pissed off. Grabbing the gun attached to her hip, Amira aimed it straight to the first man on sight. There was glass springing from every corner of the car, some of which managed to scrap her cheek. Amira pulled the trigger and swiftly hit one of them in the chest.

She concentrated on the other man, trying to count the amount of bullets that he was wasting on the car before she shot him in the arm.

The passengers door was shattered, holes decorating it like a polka-dot shirt. Shaking her head in disbelief, she muttered. "If you knew you had men after you, didn't having a bulletproof vehicle ever come to mind?"