1

•Let me know if you find any errors, I'll correct them!:)

•Thank you to bbreathin for creating the amazing story cover!😍😁

|°|°|°|

Incidentally, Derek had managed to tangle himself up in a web of chaotically good-natured fairies on his land. In a true Derek nature, he'd approached them with numerous growls and a certain hostility which didn't fare well for him, like nothing ever did. He'd squatted them away from him as they pulled at his hair and tugged at his leather jacket, he'd shamefully spat a few curse words at them and even mocked them — actions which Derek later learned had consequences.

Even after one of them had sniggered something entirely ambiguous to him — about giving him his one and only desire — he hadn't thought anything of it because fairies were big liars in proportion to their petit sizes more often than not. Accompanying their often backwards or inexplicably wrong logic.

Regardless, Derek had ordered them off his land and the whole of Beacon Hills, really, without a second thought to their slightly ominous words.

He was also vaguely impressed when they did leave, disappearing with a zoom their way up into the overcast night sky. With a slight bounce in his step, he found himself at home — the Hale house staring back at him with a slightly unwelcoming yet beckoning familiarity which he associating with both the fire and his family. Bittersweet memories flooded his mind as he shoved the front door open with his foot and slammed it behind him.

Time after time, he found himself leaving the door unlocked at night due to the usual lack of visitors and the blaringly obvious fact that the door being locked didn't really offer much security anyway, since Derek had experienced many unwanted guests to the house when it had been locked.

He tossed his leather jacket onto the armchair, yawning slightly. It had, after all, been a long day.

The pack's issues with Deputy Jordan Parrish and the mysteriously supernaturalness of him, which they all felt threatened by, Scott included. On the other hand, Derek didn't really care about the deputy's hellhoundliness, as long as he wasn't causing any harm, which he hadn't as of yet and felt an odd sense of peacefulness around the young man. He believed it was because he was a similar age and had experienced some trauma too, through serving in Afghanistan a while ago. Derek semi-trusted the guy, even if Scott didn't. Scott's alliances had never been great anyway.

Derek took his time to peel his shoes and socks off as he sat down, sighing with relief as he tossed them onto the floor. He rubbed at his eyes vigorously and then back of his neck, wondering if he'd ever be able to get a decent night's sleep that wasn't plagued with odd or nightmarish dreams.

He slumped back into the armchair, letting out a satisfied grunt as he ran a hand through his hair. Yawning again, he decided to have a go at reading the book he had been trying to read for over a month, personally believing that it was cursed because he still hadn't had the chance to read it without being interrupted by something or someone.

So, naturally, when Stiles had wondered into his house uninvited, he hadn't been taken by surprise at all, slamming his book shut with an exasperated sigh.

"What now?" He grunted, placing the book on the arm of the chair and eyeing his bare feet. He wiggled his toes, feeling the cool air which Stiles had brought in with him.

However, he had been slightly alarmed when Stiles had tugged at his t-shirt, pulling him up from his chair and pressed himself against Derek...with his lips. And almost instinctively, he had responded with his arms slithering around Stiles' waist, as Stiles placed one hand flat on his chest whilst the other one was still balling up Derek's t-shirt.

When Derek's head finally cleared and acknowledged what was happening, he'd dug his thumbs in Stiles' waist gently, pushing his body away and breaking their kiss.

Stiles halted with wide eyes staring up at Derek, glazed slightly. He was still holding onto Derek and his face twitched, looking as though everything inside of him was about to spill out.

"What—" Derek started but the boy collapsed into his chest, with a sob. Uncertain, Derek languidly wrapped his arms around the human, pondering why he was so upset all of a sudden and why he'd had kissed him.

"Derek! I'm sorry, I've been wanting to confess for the longest time and I just ruined it by kissing you when you didn't even want to. I'm..." He sniffled, pulling away from Derek and swiping at his face.

Hesitantly, Derek pulled the boy back into his arms, rubbing softly on his back in a calming way in which his mother used to do to him.

"I've just...wanted to do that for a long time and—"

His face was moving before he could stop and he didn't know why he was doing it but disregarding his thoughts, he was pushing Stiles' lips to his.

Stiles mewled slightly and tugging harder on Derek's t-shirt, so that they were impossible closer. When Derek didn't back away, his hands freely roamed Derek's sides and twisted the material of Derek's soft t-shirt in his fingers.

The meandering of Stiles' hands seemed to crack something in Derek, he surged forward, pushing Stiles slightly and he said coarsely "Room."

Stiles nodded fervently and hurriedly followed Derek up the stairs, his breath catching in his throat as they reached Derek's room — a room which he had never seen before.

Despite the darkness, Derek didn't turn the light on and instead nudged Stiles towards the bed. From what was visible, Stiles was confused. He had been expected some kind of lair with black walls, scraped or burnt furniture and a room which was hardly used but the room was painted in a fresh coat of neutral silvery white with a surprising amount of furniture. It seemed like Derek lived in his bedroom the most.