4

6 weeks

Pack training was difficult for Derek to deal with. He didn't understand why he felt so physically awful, he just knew something was off. He had been struck by the most bitter headache he could remember since the fire and a heightened sense of smell. To his discomfort, he could smell Isaac's sweat and the light musky hint of Scott's aftershave, which tickled his nose.

He'd announced to the two to get out of his house, which they both grinned at because he was letting them leave early for once. Stiles and Kira had been watching intently, Kira clasping her hands together as she made eye contact with Scott's grin and Stiles merely ignoring everyone.

The metal bucket brought by Parrish had been forgotten until Derek needed it. He'd blanched, a sudden urge to heave and hurl washed over him, making him swipe a hand across his forehead. He felt hot but cold at the same time, making him shiver slightly.

Isaac had lifted his eyebrows at the older wolf, nudging Scott slightly before asking "Are you alright, Derek?"

Not daring to open his mouth, Derek nodded quickly and fled the room to find the bucket which Parrish had left. He picked it up just in time, his guts climbing their way up his throat and spilling into the bucket.

He shivered. He hadn't felt this bad in a while, especially since he was a werewolf and didn't catch illnesses. Groaning, he clung to the bucket, feeling the waves of nausea washing over him again.

Peeling himself off the floor, he took the bucket with him to his bedroom and slid his leather jacket off. He placed the jacket on the end of his bed and huffed loudly, arranging his body to lie on his bed.

He didn't feel good at all.

|°|°|°|

8 weeks

Derek had spent the last two weeks in bed, ignoring both Isaac's and Scott's calls because all they wanted was to know about pack training, something which Derek was not well enough to do.

He'd been on a rollercoaster - or his belly had been at least - which had him feeling like death. His body had shooting pains all through his body, in particular, his neck and back. He believed it was a bug he'd caught, since the sickness had the latest addition of a runny nose - something which he had never had.

The bucket had been useful in the end, Derek using it on multiple occasions since his stomach couldn't bear anything except crackers, which he didn't particularly like.

He slid out of bed, feeling lethargic and like his body weighed ten tonnes. Today Isaac was visiting, insisting that he came to check on Derek because he'd never ignored them for so long.

The stairs were excruciating to his body, each thud send pain jolting through him. He accidentally clinked the metal bucket against the wall, inwardly thanking himself for emptying it the previous night.

Sluggishly walking into the kitchen, he sighed at the cool floor, en route to the box of crackers sitting on the countertop alone. The rest of his kitchen empty, even the idea of any other food knocking him sick.

He crunched on the crackers, gnawing until it was all gone and frowning as he swallowed it, the dry material sliding down his throat leisurely - to Derek's disgruntlement.

Pouring water in a glass, he sipped on it since it was the only liquid his stomach could stand. He peered at his reflection in the window, noting how hollow his cheeks had gotten and how weak he looked.

He growled slightly, wishing he could punch his body for being ill.

"Derek?"

He turned quickly, his heart thudding at the voice because no one had visited him in weeks. Unsurprisingly, it was Isaac who had warned him that he was coming but Derek's weak mind alike body, had forgotten.

"You look..." Isaac scratched his head, appearing at the kitchen door with a few bags. "Well-Awful."

The young wolf couldn't peel his eyes from Derek, once a man who was his Alpha. He placed the bags on the countertop, unveiling the contents.

"I brought grapes, tissues and ginger tea." Isaac snorted to himself at the next thing he pulled out of the bags. "And this."

Derek eyed the bag, before sceptically taking a few steps closer. "You bought me a scarf?"

"Hey-" Isaac covered his mouth and nose immediately, not wanting to catch anything from the older wolf. "Stay away!" He joked.

"What's it for?" Derek frowned at the scarf, its delicate twines curling around each other in an inviting way.

"The scarf?" Isaac blinked. "It's to wear." He stated dumbly, thrusting the lump of material towards Derek.

Derek furrowed his eyebrows at the scarf, it feeling just as soft as it looked.

"Put It on!" Isaac urged and snagged the scarf out of his hands, to wrap it around Derek's neck. "There! It looks great."

Derek frowned because he liked it. It was soothing against his quivering skin and it was toasty.

"And this," Isaac slapped his hand against the box of ginger tea. "Was Parrish's idea."

Derek's eyebrows knitted together because Parrish - the guardian angel of the supernatural - seemed to be onto something. It was like Derek was dying and the hellhound in Parrish knew, bringing him a much needed bucket and now ginger tea to settle his stomach.

"He showed up at Scott's house looking all bewildered and tossed this to me."

Isaac snorted slightly, backing away from Derek so he wouldn't catch anything. Even if he couldn't catch whatever illness Derek had, he wanted to err on the side of caution.

"Believe it or not, the dude likes you." Isaac paused at how stiff Derek's body suddenly became. "Platonically!" He screeched.

Derek snuffled, tugging a tissue out of the pack Isaac had brought and rubbing it over his nose.

"That's...disgusting." Isaac cringed, turning his head away. "Okay, so you need a shower, which means I'm going to sit in your living room and lit the fire, whilst you do that."

What, Derek stunk!