10

36 weeks

Derek spent weeks wallowing and trying to understand Parrish's theory. As much as Derek wanted to completely reject the theory, there was a tiny inch of doubt running through his mind because now all of his symptoms made sense. He'd been pale for the last few weeks, knowing that something could have been inside him and he hadn't known.

He'd tried to shrug it off but then the movements were undeniable after Parrish planting the seed that it could be a baby.

After really thinking about it, he did really want his family back - something which the fairies couldn't have granted him even if they wanted to - so through some backwards logic, they'd allowed Derek to make his own family. It filled Derek with fear, one because he didn't know if he was definitely having a baby, and two, he knew if he was it was Stiles'.

He'd growled out because it was just his luck to be given the one true thing he wanted in such a cruel way, since he shouldn't have been birthing anything and he had rejected Stiles almost immediately after, out of fear about how the Sheriff and Scott would react.

It took him weeks to build up the courage to ask Stiles to visit him - alone - then when he finally did ask, everything just got ten times worse.

Stiles showed up at the Hale house, letting himself in as he heard Derek crying out and finding him curled up on the floor in the living room. So naturally, Stiles had rushed to his side and kneeled down next to him with panicked breaths.

"Christ Derek, what's going on?" His voice quivered slightly, seeing how the wolf's body was curling and twisting.

His eyes fell down to Derek's stomach, the wide and roundness of it giving Stiles the chills.

Derek winced, grabbing onto any part of Stiles he could hold onto and growling.

"Derek?" Stiles pushed. "I need to know what's happening...what's-"

"Parrish was right..." Derek puffed out, scrunching his face up in pain as a wave sensation hit his body, followed by a pressure.

"Parrish was right..." Stiles repeated. "About what? Are you dying?"

Derek shook his head, allowing Stiles to sit him up and he squeezed onto his arms tightly. He leaned his head back against the sofa.

Stiles freaked out a little when Derek finally told him, letting go of Derek temporarily and having a pre-natal panic. "You're having a baby?!"

Derek rolled his eyes, wiping sweat from his forehead and peeling the blanket off his body.

Stiles' eyes widened at the sight of Derek's belly, knowing that something freaky had definitely happened. "Whose baby is it?!" He exclaimed. "Is it Parrish's?"

Derek swiped at his eyes and shook his head at Stiles, because why on earth would he be having Parrish's baby?

A brief look of hurt flashed across his face, watching as Derek was hit by another contraction.

"Derek, what the hell!" Stiles yelled. "Whose baby is it?! Are you trying to rub salt in my wound? You know that I love you and that-"

"You love me...?" Derek asked breathlessly, his lips turned downwards.

"Yes!" Stiles spat out. "Now you're having someone else's baby and-"

Derek didn't have the energy to argue back, instead he tugged his t-shirt past his bump and junk, covering himself as he slid off his boxers. Either way, this baby was coming out, whether Derek liked it or not.