Delicious - Epilogue

Rays of sunlight dance through the bedroom, run over the contours of the two men in bed, caress the intertwined limbs.

Pensive, I listen to Forth's heartbeat, drawing patterns on his bare chest with the fingers of my left hand. I sigh satisfied. I am happy. For two years I have been dreaming about this moment, waiting for it, longing for it. And although I'm enjoying this moment to the fullest, I also realize that just because he is still in my bed, it doesn't mean that he is going to stay. Maybe the last night was nothing more than a one-night stand for him. Maybe he regrets it. But maybe, and I hope for it, it can be the beginning of a we, of an us.

Before I continue to worry about a possible future together, I decide to devote myself to making breakfast. Carefully I slip out of his embrace without waking him up. In T-Shirt and Boxers, I enter the kitchen, switch the coffee machine on and search for the ingredients for the pancakes. Humming softly to myself, I begin with the preparations.
The smell of freshly brewed coffee and freshly baked pancakes runs through the apartment and a certain someone has woken up from it. At least, the hands and arms that just wrap around my waist from behind do not belong to me. I chuckle as he nuzzles my neck with his nose.
"Good morning, Beam. What do we have for breakfast?" His warm breath and his dark, slightly hoarse voice send a shiver down my spine. Oh God, can we cancel the pancakes for breakfast and eat him instead?

I clear my throat trying to conceal my growing excitement. "Ahrm, pancakes with maple syrup and butter. Fresh fruits and um, coffee. I hope that's okay with you? I could also fry some bacon and make scrambled eggs. Um, or would you prefer muesli and yogurt ..." He interrupts my nervous chatter about possible breakfast options with a quick kiss on my lips. I blink, staring at him with wide-open eyes. "Pancakes, fruits, and coffee are fine. Thanks for your effort." He flashes his gummy smile at me. My heart skips a beat and I know for sure that my cheeks turn red. Oh God, Countenance Beam. "Yeah? The pancakes are almost ready. Cups are in the right wall cabinet, milk and sugar are on the kitchen counter."
While I'm still busy at the stove, Forth sets the breakfast table. A few minutes later we can start breakfast.

Just as I'm about to sip my coffee, Forth frowns

Just as I'm about to sip my coffee, Forth frowns. His face turns pale, expressing panic. "Huh? Something wrong?"

"Um, I do not know if I can eat together with you."

"Huh?"

"I ... I ... the sounds ... well, the sounds of eating ... um ... I do not know ... if I can stand them ..." He avoids my gaze, looks down at the plate. My heart hurts at the sight in front of me, and I reach for his hand which is clutching the fork. I gently stroke my thumb over the back of his hand. "Forth, we can just test it, okay? As soon as you feel unwell, I can eat in another room, okay?"

" Beam, I ... " I don't let him finish and reach for a strawberry on my plate. Slowly I lick the sweet fruit with my tongue, twirl my tongue around it and finally enclose it with my lips. His eyes follow each of my movements, his Adam's apple bounces up and down, his breathing comes haltingly. Carefully I nibble at the top of the strawberry and when my tongue buds taste the sweet, juicy pulp, a slight moan escapes me.