painting date with taehyung.

you glanced out of the old window of the studio, framed with dust and a thin coat ivory paint that was flaking off to reveal a speckled rust. through the hazy glass was pitch black, midnight engulfing all existing nature, not even an outline of a branch was to be seen. you could just make out the droplets of rain falling from the sky, thanks to a lone street lamp, it's dull, desperate lighting uncomfortably twitching, gripping onto its last bit of life in the cold and damp winter atmosphere. usually rain was comforting to you, but out there it just looked dismal. you decided the contents of the world beyond the window had nothing worth observing, so you swiftly turned you attention back to the inside one.

the snug studio was filled with scattered saturated orange lights radiating from red wax candles that all merged to give the room a warm amber lighting, mirroring the atmosphere. there was hardly empty space on the walls, it being taken up by miscellaneous paintings and pages ripped out of a sketchbook proudly mounted on the brick wall. background chatter from other couples in room bounced off of the walls, joined by a generic jazz playlist. the pair of sounds amalgamated into a euphoric tone that gave the room an intimate, cozy, carefree aura. the aura encompassed your soul, obliging you to smile softly.

your focus soon shifted to the person next to you. his eyes attentively stared at his actions whilst his pretty hands handled a fairly old teal paintbrush, matching the colour of his hair, it's coating crumbling off onto his fingertips. he loosely swept the frayed bristles across the blank canvas, creating his own world the fill the empty space. it looked so effortless yet he also looked as though he was thinking meticulously about the contact he made with the canvas. you couldn't quite make out what all the layers of colours were just yet, but it was pretty enough that it didn't matter. but the ethereal image all came to a halt when he placed the grubby paintbrush back down on his easel and took a sip of his wine.

"holy shit this wine is good!" he said, a little too loudly. you'd been there for half an hour and he was already on his third glass.

"tae shut the fuck up" you half whispered, half giggled. to be fully honest you were just as tipsy. he'd taken you to a paint and sip class because he thought it'd give you guys a chance to finally grow up and try something new, when you both knew you were just going to get drunk by the end. it was a great idea.

"sorry sorry" a deep laugh escaped his wide smile in between his words. he swirled the red liquid around the crystal glass, imitating the snooty coupled surrounding you but in the end just giggled at the mini whirlpool he had managed to make in his drink. he honestly seemed proud of himself.

"you're literally so red jesus christ" you harshly poked his cheek to see the contrast between the red flush that concealed his golden tan skin.

"ow! well so are you so you can't talk" he returned the poke the to cheek, squishing ur chubby cheeks so your face was completely distorted to one side, exaggerating his point of being childish.
"fine you want to be immature? two can play that game." you reached for your paintbrush and aimed straight for the tip of tae's nose.
in one swift motion, taehyung ended up with a bright blue blob of acrylic paint right in the middle of his face. a burst of laughter escaped your throat, unable to contain yourself. tae just say there, jaw hung open in awe and eyebrows furrowed in fury. his face softened into a smirk moments later, and before you new it you were wearing a lilac streak across your cheek. you gasped, pretending to be deeply shocked and offended when really you were too drunk to be angry and just started to laugh again. the laughing got louder as tae started to join in,  overpowering the background jazz and making people around peel their attention from their fruit bowl paintings to the two of you cry-laughing with paint covered faces. you looked like a pair of toddlers and acted them them too.

"i think we should leave before they kick us out" short sniggers slid in and out of his words.

"but i haven't finished my painting.." the smile on your face died quickly, morphing into a pout.

"i think you painted enough on my face to be honest"

you took another glance at his face, only really just realising how to blue had smeared across his cheeks and in his hair.

"yeah, we've drank too much."

————————

a/n,, sorry this is was rly dialogue heavy hope u enjoyed it <3