thirteen. too good

WHEN TWO SHATTERED HEARTS!
( thirteen radio — lana del rey )

The sky was illuminated by the sun that was falling under the horizon, resulting in an orange, pink, yellow hue that made chases crystal eyes glisten. We walked farther east than i thought necessary but i didn't question it. We sat on the sand after multiple minutes of walking through damp grass and dirt and i felt chases eyes on me as i watched the water ripple in front of us. We sat in science for a few moments too long before he broke the silence.

"I wish i wouldve never played beer pong with gavin." he said and i was taken aback by the sudden comment.

"What do you mean?" i asked, moving my body to face his. We both sat criss cross and it felt like we were too close, but just close enough. He ran his palm over his face and rubbed his eyes, looking for the words to say.

"I don't know. I just wish you wouldn't have met him. I heard someone say he took you home that night. Why didn't you ask me?" he asked and for a second he had me believing that he was trying to say he didn't want me meeting gavin so i could be with him, not whatever it was i had with gavin.

"I didn't want to make you leave the party i guess. It was too early in the night and i just thought you wouldn't want to leave anyway." chase ran his pointer finger through the sand next to him, tracing spirals and stars and hearts. He was so unaware of his little habits but i could see why so many girls fell for him like i did.

"Parties are ass," he said with a laugh, "i wasn't going to go if you rejected me when i asked. I left like a minute after you said goodbye." i held my breath. Lies again. He didn't leave right after i said i did because he found some other girl and made out with her in the kitchen many minutes after i said i did. I stayed quiet. "What?" he asked but i stood my ground, "what did i say?"

"If you are going to sit here and lie to me then you are wasting my time and i want to go back." i said, my voice raised to make me sound more confident than i really was. My hands shook and my heartbeat raced rapidly, but i was tired of not knowing the truth and being lied to. At this point i had no idea if chace was trustworthy at all.

"What are you talking about?" his eyes told me he was hurt but i didn't care anymore. I wasn't going to allow him to mess with me like this anymore.

"I saw you kissing that girl in the kitchen. It doesn't really matter but you can't lie to me and tell me all these things that you felt if it's just a way to hook up with me and leave." i said, standing up from the sand and chase stood up after me.

"You saw that?" he asked, grabbing my hand and i jerked it away.

"Yes i did. I dont care anymore, we obviously aren't together so it shouldn't matter anyway, i just wish all those things you said were true." i began to walk away and he grabbed my hand once again.

"Im dead serious rory. I mean those things i said. When you left i got upset because i didn't think you felt the same way after you didn't want to kiss me. I drank too much and kissed that girl for too long to forget about it. It's embarrassing you know, when you like someone and they dont kiss you back." like. I wanted to believe him so badly.

"Who was that girl you came here with? If what happened with you and the girl from the party was a drunken mistake than why do you show up with another girl wrapped around your shoulder?"

"I heard from someone gavin was bringing you and i didnt want to come here alone to see you with him. It was a defense mechanism, if you had someone you were here with than i needed someone too. Isabelle has been my friend since sixth grade and has always been too touchy. I just didn't want to be alone." i was baffled at how much he thought of me since i left the party. He sounded truthful and it all made sense, but it had to be too good to be true.

"Why should i believe you?" i asked and he inched closer to me.

"I have not been able to get you off my mind since you spilled coffee on me," he said and i laughed at the memory, "you are way too good for me. You are way too good for our school. You are sure as hell way too good for gavin. You have no idea what i would do to make you believe me, just tell me to do it and i will."

"Kiss me."

"What?" but before i could repeat myself his lips were on mine and his hands were on my waist. The butterflies in my stomach fluttered with joys and i leaned against him, his lips forming into a smile while connected to mine. After moments of connection, i pulled away slowly and met his eyes. "So you believe me?" he asked and i smiled at the sand.

"Yes i do," i paused, remembering gavin, "but i need to finish this trip with gavin. He brought me here and i'll tell him whatever we had was over before school starts again. I just don't want things to overlap, it just feels too wrong." chase still held me against his body, making me swoon with feelings.

"That's understandable, but he really doesn't have to know until we go back to the site, right?"

"Yes but id feel too guilty. Lets just go back and enjoy the rest of the trip as friends. We can figure out everything later." i said and he didn't loosen his grip on me.

"Just one more kiss?" he questioned, his lips forming a pout and his puppy dogs eyes taking me off guard.

"Chase..."

"Rory," he responded and reconnected our lips. It lasted longer than any of those before and his hands brushed across my jaw and onto my neck as mine roamed his messy hair. I never thought i'd feel this way about someone like i did for chase. It was new, but i liked it so much more than i thought i would. The shore was silent around us except for the rippling water and the smooth breeze blowing against us. He deepened this kiss but a familiar voice made me jump and pull away.

"Aurora?" i turned and gavin stood on the grass behind us where the edge of the trees and clearing met.

AUTHORS CORNER!
shorter chapter but wasn't it kind of worth it??? i was smiling writing this one eeee its just too cute. there is literally nothing else to say except to beg you to comment and vote because im extremely desperate.

SONG!
this song is the perfect match because she mentions her life was so hard and then it says i've finally found you' and there is really nothing else to add because its petty self explanatory.

UPDATE!
this story hot 1K reads!!! i didnt expect this to go anywhere but im so thankful and hopefully we can get some more because i will keep this story going so please share eeee thank you all so much!!