𝐀𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐚. (𝐃. 𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫)

╔.★. .═════════════╗

For: @ArsaStanleia
Request: Let's just say Dallon and
reader were married, one day
they're just chilling out on the
pool but reader didn't join him
because she's not able to swim.
Dallon teased her until she got
kinda angry and want to show him
that she actually could, she's able
to do it for a few minutes but
eventually ended half-drowning
because of her fear and of course,
saved by Dal~

╚═════════════. .★.╝

Most people have some degree of fear when it comes to water. Typically, we overcome those fears or learn ways to cope with them.

But if you have aquaphobia, like you did, you live with a persistent and abnormal amount of fear and anxiety that prevents you from even getting close to open bodies of water.

Or, in your case - getting close to swimming pools.

To an outsider, your fear might have seemed like a completely irrational one - who didn't like splashing around in the pool every now and then? But to you, it was absolutely valid.

After all, it wasn't as if you chose to be fearful of pools. No, your fear was instilled in you at a young age, after a game of tag in your uncle and aunt's backyard went wrong and you ended up sinking to the bottom of their enormous pool.

Given that you were barely five years old, you weren't the most fantastic of swimmers, and you were merely seconds away from drowning when your father dove in to get you.

So yes, you were in your late-twenties and unable to swim, but despite the backlash you'd received over the years, it never bothered you in the slightest.

You'd always been perfectly satisfied with lounging at poolside while your company enjoyed themselves in the water. Even at the present moment, you were seated underneath an umbrella, observing Dallon as he did a couple laps down the length of the pool in your backyard.

Your lips curved into a smile and you watched him for a little longer, then reached for the book you'd brought out with you and got comfortable in the lounger. And that was that. You were content.

That is, until your husband decided to be a dick.

"Hey, why don't you come and join me?" Dallon smirked as he emerged from under the water, brushing his hair back, "Water's fantastic."

Not even glancing at him, you kept your eyes glued to the pages of your book. "Screw you," you said plainly.

Your husband chuckled and started making his way towards the edge of the pool, closer to you.

"If you get in the water, we can make that happen."

Sighing, you lifted your sunglasses from your eyes and tossed Dallon a bored expression. "Must you be so infuriating?"

"Must you be so against swimming?"

"Yes, actually," you scoffed, swinging your legs off of the lounger, "Or has your pea-brain forgotten?"

Your husband could tell that you were growing agitated, but that fact only spurred him on and encouraged him to tease you further.

"I think you're just a scaredy-cat," he remarked, lowering himself into the water until he was only visible from the eyes up, and wiggling his eyebrows tauntingly.

Having finally grown fed up with his relentless teasing each and every time he was in the pool, you leaped up from the lounger and immediately removed your clothing, leaving you in your underwear.

Dallon cheered as you did so, legitimately excited. He held his hands out to you. "Come to me, babygirl."

Deciding to punish him - as well as prove a point - you ignored his request and travelled further towards the deep end instead. Before you could second-guess your decision and before the fear could kick in, you launched yourself into the water - determined to prove Dallon wrong.

For someone who couldn't properly swim, you did wonderfully. You were able to move yourself without hassle, pushing your body through the water.

But not for long.

You managed to touch your feet to the bottom of the pool and steady yourself as you tried to break to the surface and catch a breath. But the slippery surface was not at all kind to you, and your foot glided along the bottom, causing you to fall forward.

The worst of it all was that your mouth had been agape when you were propelled into the water, resulting in an unwanted intake of chlorine water in both your mouth and your nose.

Your air supply was non-existent and naturally, you started to panic. Your limbs were flailing around underwater in a desperate attempt to save yourself, but to no use. You felt as if you were falling without any means of stopping yourself, and you were transported back to the very first time you had felt that way.

And just like that first time, seconds before you could fade away, a pair of sturdy arms wrapped around your body and lifted you up.

Coughing and spluttering, your body expelled the water from the pool as your husband set you down on one of the loungers. He lowered the backrest so that you were lying straight down, before rushing to your side and fussing over you.

"Babygirl, are you okay?" he asked in an urgent tone, frantically brushing your wet hair out of your face and making sure that all of the water was gone from your throat.

You nodded weakly and turned your head to the side, releasing the last little bit of water from your mouth.

"Shit, I'm such a fucking idiot. I'm so sorry," he apologised profusely, gathering your hand in both of his and kissing your skin repeatedly.

You couldn't even be mad at him, really. To an extent, yes, because he'd pushed you to that point. But ultimately, you were the one who took the plunge - literally and figuratively.

Nevertheless, it was shitty of him to tease you, so a little punishment was not unwarranted.

"Dallon..."

"Yes?" he leaned closer, kissing your forehead.

"I almost died. I hope you know that this puts me off kitchen duty forever."

_______________________________

Thank you for reading x