prologue

"Mom where are we?" Little Jennie asked.

"It's our new house, honey. Do you like it?"

"Really?" Jennie's face lit up, her smile growing wider as Lucy, her mom, nodded happily. "It's so big and beautiful!"

Lucy chuckled as she led her daughter inside their new house. After an hour of going around, Lucy decided to cook dinner since their maids will only be starting the next day. She also allowed the little one to play outside their house since there's a guard watching from the gate.

Jennie started blowing the stick that she dipped on a liquid to make some bubbles, giggling as she feel some popping on her index finger while some were freely flying on the wind.

She heard a giggle from behind her so she quickly turned around and saw a little girl with brown hair and brown orbs, she was smiling.

"I like bubbles..." the little girl mumbled.

"Me too," Jennie smiled and blew some more bubbles between her and the other girl.

"Oh, I'm gonna get it!" The girl, who was much shorter than Jennie back then, slowly popped one up in the air through her small index finger. The two little girls were having fun, giggling as bubbles surrounded them.

"Jennie honey, time for dinner!" Jennie's mom shouted over the gate. She smiled when she saw her daughter making a new friend outside.

"My mom's already calling me... I'm Jennie by the way," she showed her gummy smile.

"Jennie..." the other girl repeated cheerfully then smiled. "I'm Lisa!"

By the time Lisa introduced herself, Lucy was already behind Jennie making the little girls look up on the tall woman.

"Mom! She's my new friend and her name is Lisa!"

Lucy squatted to meet the height of the little girl.

"Hi Lisa, I'm Jennie's mom. You can call me Lucy," she smiled. "Have you eaten dinner already? Wanna eat with us?"

"My mom will find me... Can I ask her first so next time I can join you?" Lisa asked adorably.

"Of course, honey. Since you're already Jennie's friend, you can always come and play with her here in our house, okay?"

"Really, mom?!" Jennie asked excitedly. Lucy nodded in return. The little girl smiled at her new found friend through those brown orbs that she started to adore. "Promise you'll come back, Lisa?"

"I promise, Jennie!" Lisa grinned while waving at her bestfriend. "I'll drop by your house right after I give my gift to Bambam!"

Jennie flashed her gummy smile and nodded before turning to start walking home.

"Wait!" Lisa called her again, making her meet those deep, brown orbs once again.

Lisa walked hurriedly towards her. 15 years and Lisa became much taller than Jennie. Unfair, Jennie thought.

Lisa quickly took off her black cap and put it on Jennie's head instead. "There you go. Take care, Dumpling! See you later!" Lisa smiled from ear to ear as she pinched Jennie's cheeks, the latter being annoyed at such actions as her cheeks turned pink due to sensitivity.

"Manoban!" she growled.

Lisa already ran towards the other side of the road while Jennie remained standing, shaking her head as she caressed her cheeks while her gaze were following Lisa. As if she felt the latter's stares, Lisa turned around one last time and laughed when she saw Jennie's deadly glare. Nevertheless, she motioned for Jennie to go already and blew a kiss which Jennie jokingly catched and threw in the trash bin near her. Lisa just chuckled and went on her own way.

Jennie, on the other hand, fixed Lisa's cap on her head and started walking away as well, a smile slowly made its way on her face as she walked home.

She had a clue. She knew she was feeling something, not knowing why, how, where nor when but all she knows is that Lisa shouldn't have done that. Lisa shouldn't have blown kisses when it isn't her intention to have Jennie catch it, or else it will all be over for them.

Suddenly, Jennie's heart ached. She acted as if she has thrown the flying kiss Lisa gave her but deep within, she kept it inside her. She always does, it has always been that way.

She sighed.

"I shouldn't feel this way, Lisa. If you would just unkiss me, I you would just stop making me catch them secretly, then maybe I can still save us."