ten

"Jen"

"Jennie"

"Jennieeee"

"Nini"

"Baby"

"Darling"

"Honey"

"Goat"

Jennie immediately turned her head on me. "What?" she asked, weirded out.

"Nothing," I pouted. I just want your attention.

She's been too busy on her phone, doing some online shopping for a while now.

"Oh this one's pretty, isn't it?" she showed me her phone.

We're sitting in her room's sofa with my chin on her shoulder while she's all too focused on her phone that I want to throw it out so I'd have her undivided attention.

"Yeah but not as pretty as you," I kissed her shoulder.

She giggled and finally turned to face her body on mine. My heart instantly beating now that I have her full attention. God, I'm smitten.

"Baby you're just bored. Want to go out?"

"No I wanna cuddle here," I truthfully said then tried to hug her but she backed away.

I groaned, she really loves to make me suffer nowadays.

I was about to go after her but we suddenly heard a knock on the door.

"Jen sweetie, can you go to the grocery for me? I need you to buy these while I'm busy doing some work stuff upstairs," Lucy gave her a paper, probably a list of things to buy.

"Sure Mom."

"I'll come with you," I quickly said.

"Oh no need. I'll be quick, I promise. Can you just feed Kuma and Kai first?"

"Alright," I agreed.

She was about to leave the room when I called her.

"Yeah?"

I pouted and pointed my lips. "Where's my kiss?"

She shook her head while laughing before coming near me again.

"Behave for now," she seductively said while looking at my lips, slowly closing the gap between us and gave me a peck. I frowned. I wanted more but I guess I'll just wait for her to get back home and then I'll...

Why do I sound like a fucking pervert?!

The dogs, oh right the dogs. I still have to feed them. Kuma was just inside Jennie's room so it was easy for me to feed him but Kai is nowhere to be seen.

I searched around their house to look for him but I couldn't find him. It was when I passed by Rosé's room when I heard a bark.

Gotcha.

I knocked twice before she opened the door for me. She looked shocked.

"Lisa, why are you here?"

"Oh just looking for Kai, Jennie asked me to feed him..." I looked inside and saw Kai happily wagging his tail while in Rosé's bad, "Looks like he's having fun, huh?"

Rosé opened her door wide for me to enter. Wow, it smells nice in here. It smells sweet and has that fruit scent that Rosé wears all the time.

"Hey little one, Lisa's here to feed you," she talked to Kai like he's her child which was really cute.

I actually haven't talked much to Rosé since she came but when I do, I just absorb all the good vibes that she's showing. It's really refreshing to talk to someone this bubbly.

"So here's where you've been hanging out lately, huh? Does Jennie know? You're a dead man," I pretended to be talking to Kai too, whose tail is wagging nonstop, obviously liking Rosé's presence. I sat on Rosé's bed as my hands roamed Kai's furs all over his body.

Rosé laughed really hard, her head on her hand while she's laying on the bed facing me.

"What can I do? Kai loves me more than Jennie now," she grinned and kissed Kai's head.

"She'll get angry if she hears you saying that," I chuckled, imagining my Nini with her dumpling cheeks flushed.

She just smiled while stroking Kai's furs too. Silence enveloped us.

She leaned closer to Kai, kissing his head softly. I watched as she slowly lifted her head after doing so, my breathing hitched, being unable to move my own body when I realized how close she was.

Her eyes settled on mine, then slowly going down to my lips.

My smile faded.

It was a wrong idea to look at hers, too. Fuck. Fuck!

I was completely allured. Her lips were red, they looked soft and... tempting.

My heart almost stopped when the image of a beautiful brunette flashed on my mind.

Jennie...

"Will she?"

---

JENNIE'S POV

I carried two heavy bags of groceries to the kitchen and placed them on the counter.

"Wow that was heavy," I said while panting.

I looked upstairs and smiled, remembering Lisa. She's probably waiting for me upstairs.

"Lis?" I looked for her inside my room but she wasn't there. Only Kuma was.

Maybe she's looking for Kai?

"Lis?" I called for her again while searching the house but she isn't responding. She's probably-

My eyes turned to Rosé's room with its door open. Maybe she's hanging out with Rosé?

I happily made my way towards her room just enough to...

To see my girlfriend laying on my cousin's bed while my cousin is on top of her, kissing her.

For a moment, I watched them and felt my own eyes water up. My heart aching and begging my own eyes to just close my eyes but I couldn't look away, I had to make sure if what I was seeing is real.

It's all so confusing... It's confusing me.

What's happening?

I suddenly felt weak, too weak that I had to hold on the door for support. Which made noise, making the two jump in surprise.

Traitors.

My eyes met Lisa's brown orbs which I used to adore, but now disgusts me. I didn't have to look at my cousin to know that I feel the same towards her.

Liar.

Her eyes widened. She quickly pushed Rosé away and stood up.

"Baby-"

"Don't come near me."

"Please hear me out, Jen," she pleaded.

"Just stop right there," I wiped off my tears. "You... I-I fucking trusted what you feel for me! How can you do this to me, Lisa? And what? W-With my cousin?!"

No, your fearful eyes won't get me.

I turned to look at my cousin who's now crying while looking down at her feet.

"Rosé for crying out loud, how dare you?!"

"Baby..." Lisa stepped closer and was about to grab my arm, which made me even more angry. I slapped her. Painfully hard. But not as painful as what I'm feeling right now.

And that time I knew.. I just knew that we took things too easily. And it made me think that probably, we weren't just ready. Maybe we wasted our friendship for nothing, for her to do such a betrayal within a short span of time that we spent as lovers.