"C'mon sweetheart," my mother says as she rubs my back, "Let's go home."

I nod and think about how stupid my reaction is. We go through this every single month. And every single month I have the same damn reaction. I wish Sadie could've stayed. Then maybe she'd tell me what was going on with her last night.

~2 months later~

Today was the day. Today was the day Mason and I are flying to New Jersey for Sadie's 17th birthday. I'm excited and nervous and delirious from lack of caffeine all at the same time..-fuck I think I'm gonna puke. 

I start hyperventilating a little bit. I feel a hand on my shoulder, firm but soft. Before I can look to see who it is, my legs are knocked out from beneath me and I'm in someone's arms. Mason's arms.

"Let's go, cricket!" he shouts, running out the door with me in his arms, bridal style.

I laugh and squeal as Mason trips over a branch and we fall onto the ground.

I see Mom and Dad standing in the doorway, laughing at us.

"We gotta go, Mas" I say, looking down at my watch, seeing that it was a little before nine a.m.

The both of us stand up and walk over to our parents, giving them hugs and telling them goodbye. And before long, Mason and I are driving to the airport. This is gonna be so fun.

a/n

sorry for the short chapter. i gotta study for french exams. love u guys lots xoxo