A smile spreads across my face as we pull into the driveway of Sadie's house. I jump out of the car as soon as it stops moving and run up to the front door, not caring to grab my luggage. I knock on the door and watch it open.

"Hi, Mrs. Sink," I say with a smile as Mason comes up behind me.

Mrs. Sink embraces both Mason and I.

"It's so great to have you," she says with a motherly smile.

"Thank you for having us, Mrs. Sink," Mason says, smiling back at her.

"Any time kiddos," she says  to us, "Y/n, Sadie's upstairs in her bedroom with Millie. First door to the left. Mason, I'll help you carry in luggage."

"Okay, thank you," we say in unison.

Mrs. Sink let's me in the house and I practically skip up the stairs. I open Sadie's door with a smile but that smile automatically turns into a look of horror. Millie and Sadie were sitting on Sadie's bed...kissing. 

I stand there in shock. I choke out a sob. Sadie turns to me and her eyes go wide.

"Y-y/n!?" she stutters out in shock. "What are you doing here?!"

"I came to surprise you for your birthday. But now all I want to do is go home," I say, my voice cracking.

"Oh baby.." Sadie says, care in her voice.

"I'm not your baby any more, Sink. Mills, you aren't off the hook either. Where's the bathroom?" I ask, tears threatening to slip out.

"Down the hall, to the left," Sadie says looking down. "Y/n, I'm-"

"Don't even try."

I pull the door shut and run to the bathroom, slamming the door behind me and locking it. I sit on the floor, back to the side of the bathtub, and cry.

My chest hurts.

Is this what heartbreak feels like?

a/n

i'm sorry if i broke ur heart

if it makes u feel better, i started crying while writing it