Knock...knock...knock.

"Go away," I say, tears still running down my cheeks.

"It's me, cricket," my older brother says.

"Leave me alone," I say harshly

"Y/n open the door," Mason says, edge to his voice.

"No," I reply flatly, staring at the bathroom floor.

"I'm going to get Sadie then," he says.

"No!" I shout, louder then I intended to.

There's a pause, and then the sound of footsteps coming down the hall.

"Is she okay?" I hear Millie say in her sweet British accent.

"I'm not sure," Mason tells the younger girl. "She won't open the door. And she doesn't want me to get Sadie. Maybe you should try to talk to her."

After hearing a hum of agreement, I hear three soft knocks on the door. I don't answer. The British girl sighs.

"Y/n/n, I'm so sorry," she says from the other side of the door. "I'm so so sorry."

I stand up and unlock the door, opening it. I see Millie standing there, guilt showing clearly in her features. 

"I hate you," I say, before practicality falling into her arms, broken sobs falling from my lips. 

She wraps her arms around me a whispers apologies in my ear as I cry in her arms.

I don't know how but we ended up sitting against the wall, tears still running down my cheeks and Millie's arms still around my waist. I cry until I can't cry anymore. Millie starts to hum a tune, and I find myself drifting into unconsciousness on her shoulder.

a/n

perhaps my heart is breaking