Tyler didn't expect police or screaming to wake him up today. 

"Tyler!"

The small, chocolate haired boy shot up out of bed at the sign of his mothers distress. She was usually calm when she woke him up. 

Instantly, he could tell something was wrong with his mom, the way her small frame shook as she braced herself on the door frame. 

"Mom?" He was starting to get worried, was she hurt? 

"Honey.. There's been an accident, your brother was hurt, Mandy is going to watch you, okay?"

"Okay Mommy, is he going to be okay?"

His mom hesitated, before smiling at him and hurrying out of the house. 

He never saw his brother or his mom again. 

♡♡♡

"Joseph, Tyler?"

Tyler looked up at the sound of his name, and raised his hand high in the air. 

"How old are you, young man?"

Tyler hesitated, he was smaller for his age, and people believed he was way younger. 

"F-fourteen, sir."

The man nodded curtly, and motioned for him to follow. Tyler jogged to catch up to him, before falling in pace next to him. 

"What happened to your parents?"

Tyler picked his nail, "I- I don't know, sir. My mom ran off when i was twelve, I've never met my dad."

The man smiled sadly, and placed a hand on Tyler's shoulder. "I'm Mr. Johnson, I hope you'll come to enjoy your time here."

Tyler nodded and shyly looked down at the ground, the other ones weren't as nice as this. 

"T-thank you, Sir." 

♡♡♡

"Well, well, well, welcome to Olentangy, Mr. Joseph." 

Tyler opened his mouth to speak, but quickly shut it, deciding instead to just smile. 

"I'm Brendon, not Brandon, not Bryan, Brendon. Okay?"

Tyler nodded "Okay."

Brendon snatched Tyler's schedule, "Cool, we don't usually get new students senior year, but you seem kinda different. Any tragic backstories I should know of?"

Tyler smiled slightly, and shook his head. "Nah, I'm as normal as it comes."

Brendon gave him the once over, "you seem kinda normal, somethings gotta be wrong." He glanced at Tyler's floral vans, "correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm getting some gay vibes."

Tyler inhaled sharply, "Is it that obvious?"

Brendon shook his head slightly, "No, I'm just very observant."

Tyler chuckled, observant seems like the most normal personality trait that Brendon possessed.

Tyler reached out his hand, "Well, nice to meet you too Brendon-?"

"Urie", Brendon smiled. 

Tyler nodded and shook his hand, happy to have made a friend. 

Brendon motioned for Tyler to follow him, "Let's find your first class."

Tyler  took this as a time to examine his new place, everything seem kinda run down, but the hallways were packed with students, so it was a little hard to tell.

The students themselves seemed like the typical high-school punks, some cheerleaders eating football player's faces off, people secretly smoking in the bathrooms, normal right? 

Brendon smiles at him "Here's your first class, lemme know if there's any cute girls", he stops "or guys, I like that dicc too"

Tyler turns bright red, and smiles slightly before rushing into the class, today keeps getting stranger and stranger.