Ohio was a bit colder than North Carolina (the place Tyler once called 'home'), especially during the spring, the sky was a gloomy overcast, and as Tyler walked back to his apartment (He had moved here once he was 18, and could escape foster care), he noticed the lack of people on the street.

Just then, it began to sprinkle, which just worsened Tyler's mood. He had Brendon as a friend now, but nobody else seemed even remotely interested in the new kid in the back. That hurt a little.

Also, why was nobody on this street? Walking to school it was crowded with bicycles and strollers, maybe he just came home before rush hour.

Strangely, it seemed that everyone who was on his street, disappeared. It was eerie almost. The only other person Tyler could see was a boy on a desolate bench a little ways ahead.

The closer he got to the boy, he saw his bright purple hair, and he seemed to be about Tyler's age. He was kinda cute too, but Tyler stopped himself at that.

As Tyler awkwardly walked past him, the boy made no movements or gestures of acknowledgement to Tyler, he just continued typing away on his phone.

However, Tyler was relatively glad at this news. He hated trying to talk to people anyway, he would always say something weird that would scare people off.

Just when he thought he was in the clear, he heard a voice.

"So you're really not even gonna say hello or anything?"

Tyler turned around and was met with the purple-haired boy, standing right in-front of him. The boy cocked his head slightly and grinned.

"Sorry I didn't see ya back there, I was on my phone. I can promise I usually acknowledge such pretty faces like you."

Tyler blushed bright red, and stuttered awkwardly, before clamping his mouth shut and staring wide eyed at the stranger. He was kinda cute.

The stranger smiled again, and this time offered his hand, "My names Josh, Josh Dun. Unless you want me calling you "pretty face" for the rest of this conversation, would you like to tell me yours?"

Tyler nodded, and tried to sound as not-flustered as he could.

"T-Tyler, my names Tyler."

Josh grinned, "Pretty name, Tyler."

All of Tyler's work to stop blushing went to waste, yet again. And he could feel the heat on his neck and face. "Thank you, Josh."

"Anytime," Josh said casually. "I haven't seen you before, new here?"

Tyler nodded "I- I just moved her from NC, bought myself an apartment, I'm going to Olentangy."

Josh smiled, "That's great, me too, I'm out on suspension for a few days though.."

Tyler blinked rapidly, he hoped he wasn't talking to a delinquent, a cute one at that. "Why?"

Josh shrugged, "I got into a bit of a fight, school didn't wanna hear my side of the story, so here I am."

Tyler nodded, a little unsure. "W-well, I should probably be going, my cat is waiting."

Josh's tongue poked through his teeth when he smiled. Tyler would never admit it, but he swooned there and then. "Alright, I'll see you around, pretty face." and with that, he turned around and began to walk away.

Tyler shook his head, and cleared it, heading into his apartment.

"Hey, Celine", he said to his cat as she meowed and rubbed against him, welcoming him home.

Tyler reached down to pet her, "I had an interesting experience today, a cute guy talked to me! He talked to me!"

Celine meowed, and went to town scratching up the couch sides.

Tyler sighed, and drug his backpack over to his desk, where he worked on homework and played on his phone for the rest of the night. Before deciding to go to bed around 1. It was a little late, but he wasn't used to going to school yet.

He'll get used too it, the whole school thing, it won't be so bad.

The only reason he was able to tell himself this, was because he knew Josh was gonna be there soon.