11 - Finding Love

Nearly a year later, our little clan is still intact. We've added rooms onto to Elisa's house. The Iglootoo family, as I now think of them, is in residence less and less.

Gemmalyn, the most beautiful creature on the face of the Earth, is the best of both her parents. She is graceful in the water and out. She's as curious as our cats and rambunctious as a monkey.

Though there's been no sign of Iglootoo's people, he remains hopeful. He is a devoted mate and father, and he's a first-rate best friend. He's accepted us as part of his tribe. Our association with him has elevated us as human beings.

Zelda helps Elisa chase after Gemma when she's on land. She's also become my art representative with Raimee, who's been selling my Iglootoo sketches. (Elisa and Iggy have sworn us to secrecy about Gemmalyn!)

I suspect Raimee's daughter has been playing matchmaker between Zelda and her father. Zelda nearly glows every time she returns from town.

Elisa has been pushing Zelda into talks with the National Parks system. Her goal is to make sure their home remains protected and safe, that people like Colonel Strickland can never repeat what happened to Iggy.

Iggy restored nearly all my hair and gave me back the body of a forty-year-old.

I'd be remiss in ending our story without mentioning my fresh start with love...

Iggy believes the merfolk are fairytales, he's wrong.

-----
Author's Note:

Thanks for reading! If you liked the story, please don't be shy about voting or starting a conversation.

All the Best,

Lisa