Accident Pt. II

Cap's POV:
"We searched for hours, we couldn't find her."

"Keep trying! We have to find her, Stark!"

"As much as we want to Ashlyn, it's late. Let's continue looking for Angel tomorrow, alright?"

"Fine." It was around eleven at night, our search began the early afternoon. All of us were tired, yet Ashlyn insisted we continued looking. I admire her determination, but we need a break. I asked Stark if he could get J.A.R.V.I.S. to continue the search. I also told the others they could bunk in the tower for the night. One never knows if Angel may have been taken by a villain.

"Cap?"

"Yes, RoPo?"

"Why do you think AJ has been taken a hostage? I mean, she's capable of taking care of herself."

"How did you know what I was thinking?!"

"Umm, did you say?"

"No, this is strange. Go get some rest, we'll talk more about it in the morning." We all headed to our rooms. It was a rough day, like any other. I still wonder how RoPo can tell what I'm thinking. I'll figure that out tomorrow.

RoPo's POV:
I can't sleep, I slept for a few hours but I woke up randomly and I wasn't tired. I sat up and looked out the window. It was still dark outside, nothing was noticeable. You couldn't even see the headlights of the cars. I got up and put on my sweater.

"Maybe a nice late night walk will get me sleepy." As I put on my sweater, I took a good close at myself in the mirror.

"Man, why don't I smile? Have I always had a frown on my face this entire time? I hate it, I hate that I can't smile like before. All friendly and cheerful." I judged myself on my smile for a solid minute. After that, I walked out of the tower into the city. It was quiet, a chill night, I was whistling to myself when I randomly looked up and shortly noticed a figure. They were sitting down off the side of a building. I want to take a closer look at who it was, so I went to the building and rode the elevator to the top.

Angel's POV:
I was off doing nothing much, I was mostly thinking to myself. I noticed a person walking to the building. Instead of changing locations again, I stayed to see who it was. Surprise, surprise, it was only RoPo.

Oh great. This will be fun...

"Hello? Is anyone up here?" I didn't say a word, RoPo couldn't see me, it was too dark.

"Yo, anyone here?" I finally respond,

"What do you want?"

"AJ? You're here?! After all this time?!"

"Idiot, I wasn't here all the time, I just happen to end up in a location you may find me."

"Ok? Why did you run away?"

"I needed time for myself..."

"And you shut all your friends and family out because you want to be alone?!"

"Quiet..."

"I want answers. Was it me? Was I'd anyone who offended you?" I remained silent for about two minutes. I could tell RoPo was getting irritated. Then, immediately after, I heard a gun being loaded. I look at RoPo, he was pointing that gun at me. Yet, despite all this sudden move, I remain silent. I don't dare to move. I noticed RoPo was shaking in fear, perhaps he wasn't able to control himself.

RoPo's POV:
What the hell am I doing?! I'm pointing a gun at AJ! I knew that RoPo.EXE was doing this, I tried to keep him from hurting anyone else.
- Stop! Don't do this!
- She's not important, she's ruining my plans.
- Stop!!! Then...

"Shoot." I gasp, I didn't know what to do. It was all red and black all of a sudden...

"I dare you, shoot..."

I did it, it happened, there wasn't any way to go back. When "he" pulled that trigger, I was powerless to stop him. The question is, why did she want to die? Dying doesn't solve any problems for anyone. What's worse is that AJ fell off the side of the building. Let me make a point that this building was the second tallest one next to the Empire State Building. I looked down, in worry and in guilt.

"Holy shit, what have I done?!?" Not a minute went by and I heard a voice,

"Ding dong, you will fall." Something, then, pushed me down the building; I landed first head. I got a closer look at AJ when I got to the bottom. She wasn't moving. Blood spilled out the side of her head! Then, I heard another gunshot.

"(Giggles) Ding dong, you have fallen." I was shot on my neck. I, too, fell. Somehow, I still was conscious, I know this because I heard sirens in the distance.

"Right here, sir!" Said an officer.

"Oh lord, how did this happen?" Asked the chief, "What do you suggest, Captain?"

"Take them to the tower, now! Quickly, we can save them..." After what Cap said, I didn't hear anything else. I was knocked out...

******

When I woke up, I noticed that I was in a cell. There was there concrete walls and a bulletproof glass window.

That could have been handy, I said to myself, I mean it could have. My neck killed me, then I remembered that I was shot by someone. I thought that the one who shot me could she be Angel's spirit. I don't know. If I were still RoPo.EXE, I would've been yelling for freedom. But I didn't, I only remain quiet and patient.

"Well, isn't this a surprise? I didn't expect to see you here." I was confused, I thought I was alone, I guess I wasn't.

"You know being the hero everyone admires brings risk, the hero sometimes has to eliminate their enemies." I knew right away who was talking to me, Antivort. I thought I was done talking with her. What she said though really shocked me, I froze up.

"Heh, why do you look depressed?"

"Stop... giving me... those bad memories, alright?! I don't need any more guilt for my actions!" After what I said, I saw black on my left side, I was internally scared but I was mad at Antivort.

"Of what happened in the past? The one you're not letting go, why? Is it because... you don't want to let go? And if that's the case, you can't escape." I didn't move, she was feeding my brain negative thoughts. Then, I heard a line that I will never forget,

"It's all your fault..."