Chapter 4: Chrollo

Kurapika unwillingly sits himself on the couch, Leorio sitting beside him.

Theres a massive pause between the two, as Kurapika tries to find the words.

He finally opens his mouth, but not a single sound comes out.

"Take your time.." Leorio says, placing his hand on Kurapika's shoulder for comfort. Kurapika nods, looking down at his hands.

"Chrollo.. is my saviour."

Leorio's hand lifts away from Kurapika's shoulder. Surprised by Kurapika's choice of words.

"He.. saved me."

(Kurapika's POV (Point of view)

Its a hot day. A very hot day. And I was unfortunately to be in a remote area. No food, water or shelter. I am growing tired. And weak.

I couldn't give up.

I shouldn't give up.

I wouldn't give up.

But as the day went on, I felt my body was growing weaker by the minute.

Had I rested, eaten and drunk water. I would have been alright..

... why am I thinking about him...? Him out of all people.. why him...?

I... miss him? Don't be absurd. Why would I miss him? I.. need him .......

(Out of POV)

Kurapika feels a flaming burn underneath his cloths, and starts to messily remove each clothing item, till he had nothing left but his white pants.

It unfortunately wasn't enough, and the heat grew only worse.

Kurapika's eyes start to fall, his vision blurry. Kurapika stubbles to his knees. And after attempting to finally stand up, Kurapika collapse. The heat getting the best of him.

Kurapika opens his eyes to an unfamiliar ceiling. Slightly confused, Kurapika sits up slowly while scanning the room. The place looked old. The floor was dusty and looked unstable, the walls were cracked and had moss growing on it.

"What a mess.." Kurapika thought, covering his nose. The air smelled stuffy and earthy with a strong smell of something rotting.

The doorknob turns and the door creeks open. A man enters the room with a bowl of water. The man places the bowl on a dirty book filled desk, and finally notices Kurapika.

"Your awake? Already?" The man asks, slightly surprised.

Kurapika looks at the man, precautions. "... I know you.."

"Hello, Kurapika." Chrollo answers.