six : talents part one

chapter six
talents part one

"Okay!" Lindsay moans and wakes me up, along with a few others. "This is so way beyond bad! I'm out of fake tanner already!"

"Woah, that's tragic, Lindsay," Gwen sits up in her bunk next to mine.

"Now I have to like, actually suntan! In the sun!" she cries. "Do you realize how shriveled and wrinkly that can make your skin?" She goes to Gwen's bunk, grabbing her face. "Oh, you totally do!"

Chris wakes us up again by yelling through the megaphone. I still want to kill him.

"Are we gonna see a musical?" Lindsay asks as we all sit on bleachers in front of a theater. "I love musicals! Especially the ones with singing and dancing!"

She blows a kiss to Tyler who waves and smiles. Heather glares at her and hits her with her ponytail. Okay then.

"Welcome to our brand new, deluxe, state of the art, outdoor, amphitheater! Okay, this weeks challenge is a summer camp favorite!" Chris steps on the stage. "A talent contest."

"Yes!" Owen stands up and starts cheering. "Awesome!"

"Each team has eight hours to pick their three most talented campers. These three will represent them in the show tonight! Sing, dance, juggle, anything goes! As long as its legal." Chris points to Duncan. "You'll be judged by our resident talent scout, former DJB and rap legend, Grand Master Chef! Who will show his approval via the Chef O Meter! The team that loses will send one camper home tonight! Good luck!" He walks away.

Heather blows a whistle. "Okay. I'm the team captain, so here's how it's going to work."

"Wait, who said you were team captain?" Gwen speaks up.

"She did! Just now," Lindsay points.

"Lindsay, Beth, Sarah and I took a vote, and I won!"

"Threatening them to vote for you isn't exactly democratic."

"You're with her?" Leshawna whispers to me.

"No," I shake my head. "There was no 'vote'. I don't know what she's talking about."

Trent hands Gwen a muffin and whispers something.

"Trent," Heather smiles. "You're cool with me leading this project aren't you?"

"Right on, go for it," he shrugs.

"Good! Beth, Lindsay and I will be the judges."

"Whatever," Gwen scoffs.

Heather looks at me and shrugs, as if to apologize.

Owen chugs a ton of water and burps the alphabet.

Everyone cheers. "Yes!" he shouts.

"That was excellent, man!" Trent high fives him.

Heather scoffs. "Well you're not going to do that in this contest, that's disgusting!"

"Do you know how hard it is to burp the entire alphabet in one go?" Trent throws his arm around Owen. I smile slightly. It was pretty impressive, even Gabe can't do it everytime.

"I can also toot Beethoven's fifth!"

"No!" we all shout.

Gwen starts to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Heather asks.

"Anywhere that's not here."

Heather does some ballet and everyone claps, because she was pretty good.