Take Out

The usually pert little girl stared at him, holding her favorite teddy bear in one hand and his pistol in the other.

"Hi dad" she whispered.

"Baby?" he asked cautiously. "What are you doing?"

"I'm sorry."

"That is not an answer to my question," was his brilliant rejoinder—one that is far too overused by parents.

"Do not hesitate to complete your mission," a voice spoke in the girl's head, abetting her in this act. "Do not fail us." The girl did not want to aggrieve her father, but people do not always have the nicety of such a choice. The man understood; he stared down the barrel of the gun that was no longer his and smiled.

"Do it," he said. The resonating bang jerked the little girl back as blood distended.

That was when she got her first charm for her bracelet.

~•~•~•~

A beautiful young woman disembarked from a cab at the entrance of a fancy five-star restaurant in the heart of the city. She endued a face of calm politeness and body language of flirtatiousness. When she got to the front desk, she played with her bracelet full of charms, glibly bringing it to the attention of the man working there.

"Right this way miss," the man, appearing to be in his 60's, said to her. "He's at that table over there." The young woman glided towards where she was pointed gracefully, with a small sway of her hips. The man of her focus wore a navy blue vestment with a silver brooch over the small amount of black shirt peeking out.

"Hello, there," she said in a melodic voice when she reached his table. He stood up to greet her.

"Katala, right?" he asked, her clandestine smile intriguing him, but she did seem to show any trappings of danger. Her light brown hair was in an elegant updo with a few curls falling out and she wore are spangled dress that flowed down her body like water over a smooth rock.

"Tuwile, right?" she replied. The now identified Tuwile stood to greet her and puller her chair out for her. "Thank you."

"I'm so happy you showed up."

"I did tell you I would love to take you out, did I not?" Her smile had a hint of a smirk, teasing to the untrained eye, but to those who knew how to look there was a hint of danger in it. The two chatted as they looked at their menus, showing Tuwile to be an urbane young man, but it was when they ordered that his true colors showed.

"Have you decided what you would like to order tonight?" The waiter asked the pair cordially. Katala respectfully asked his opinion of which of two of the entres he thinks is better as Tuwile sneered at the waiter out of her sight. Once she finished ordering her dinner, the waiter turned to Tuwile expectantly. Katala's eyes widened at his discriminating speech towards the polite waiter. 'So that's why him,' she thought.

Dinner went on, filled with pleasant chatter, a soft aria playing in the background setting the mood with beautiful words and a haunting melody. As they ate dessert, Tuwile spoke up.

"Would you like to take this somewhere else?" He asked suggestively.

"What do you have in mind?" She flirted back.

"Follow me." He led her outside where an elegant dark blue—almost black— car, not blighted in the slightest, awaited them. The car ride passed in a comfortable silence with only the radio to fill it. The eventually pulled into the driveway of a large house that must have cost a small fortune. Tuwile opened her door for her and helped her out of the car. He led her inside to a den with a large television mounted on the wall in front of a maroon couch. A minibar was on the left side of the room. Green house plants dotted the room and maroon drapes elegantly flowed down the tall windows. Expensive paintings, each with a gold frame adorned the walls. He led her to the couch before his lips puckered as he leaned closer to her. She didn't fight him.