Smiles to Tears

~Sam's POV~

Colby and I were driving down the highway laughing, and talking. We never got to go out as much as we would like to, ever since we moved into the trap house we have had other things come up.

But Colby promised we would go on a date or something and that's exactly what we did. We pulled up outside a fancy restaurant near the beach.

Colby looked over at me smiles and kissed my cheek. He steps out of the car coming to my side opening my door, he grabs my hand pulling me out. "Let's go"-He smiles. My heart melted when I saw him smile like that.

"Table for two?"-She asks.

"Yes"-Colby said while he caressed my hand with his thumb. She nods gesturing us to follow her. We take our seat over looking the beach while moonlight was reflecting off the water. "This is amazing, thanks for taking me here Colby"-I thank him.

"I would do anything to see you smile, I miss our date nights."-He said grabbing my hand.

"Me too I miss doing this, I love you Colby"-I smile, he leans over kissing my cheek causing pink tint to spread over my cheeks. "What would it be tonight guys"-She asks grabbing her pen and a piece of paper.

~~~~~~

Once we had ordered what we wanted, we just caught up about personal, career things, stuff about the house and us.

"Here is your food"-She said handing our food trays to us, we thank her and focused on each other and our food zoning anything else out.

After about 20 minutes we got up and left.
"This was the best night I've had in a while, seriously Colby thank you."-I say kissing his cheek. He intertwined our fingers swinging our arms back and forth. We hop in and begin our drive home.

As we are driving I feel something on my thigh, I look down seeing Colby's palm facing up to me as he wiggles his fingers trying to find my hand. I grab his hand and see him smile. "I love you Sammy"-He smiles. "I love you too Colby".

We were driving through a intersection until all I saw and knew was darkness. I wake up in a room seeing bright white lights causing me to squint. I hear voices so turn my gaze to my right seeing the roommates.

"Sam! Thank god your ok"-Corey said worried.

"What happened where am I"-I ask panicking. "Your in the hospital Sam you were in a car crash, you've been asleep for two days"-Aaron said tiredly.

"I don't care, where's Colby?"-I say as my eyes start to water. "Sam.. Colby didn't make it. It was a serious impact, according to witnesses a semi truck hit you guys and failed to stop."-Corey explained, as I only just gathered what he said.

"So Colby's..." I swallow hard "dead"-I said crying. And they just nod. "I need to see him"-I said bursting into tears starting to sit up in bed. "Sam you can't leave your room the doctor said."-Jake said pushing me back down. "Fuck what the doctors said! Where's Colby"-I yell. "I'll get a nurse"-Aaron said walking out.

A while later Aaron comes back with a nurse. "Hey Samuel I hear you want to see someone"-She said pulling out a clipboard. "Yes I need to see Colby Brock please"-I said desperately. "Samuel I'm sorry I can't do that Colby's body isn't even in the hospital, their getting him ready for his funeral"-She said saddened.
I start to ball my eyes out leaning back looking at the roof. Wow Colby's gone the one who I knew I'd spend the rest of life with we went through so much. And he doesn't get to keep living, to see it and be with me.

Days later I'm back home and all I have done is sit in my room, lay on my bed and cry. "Sam.. we're going to get lunch, wanna come"-Corey asks. "NO Corey I'm fine! I'd rather just stay here"-I yell.
"Sam just let go, Colby's gone ok get over yourself you can't live this way"-Corey snaps. "I can never forget it Corey, what you said is something disgusting saying I should forget about the love of my life's death"-I cry. "I give up Sam"-Corey said leaving my room. I walk back over to my bed and collapsed.

And that was when I was being violently being shaked.

"Sam. Sammy wake up"-Colby said shaking me. "Colby! your alive."-I said jumping out from under the covers, wrapping my arms around him starting to cry hysterically.

"Yeah of course I'm here I wouldn't leave without you"-He said kissing me on my lips. "I love you so much Colby"-I said nuzzling my face into his neck. " please please never leave me, please"-I added. "I would never do that I love you too much. What happened Sam what did you dream about"-Colby asks pulling me onto his lap, sitting sideways.

I let out a sigh before talking and closing my eyes emotional about what just happened. "We went out on a date, which was so sweet and while driving home, we crashed".

"Sam that date was real, you just fell asleep on the way back home. So I carried you inside to my bed and hugged you until you starting yelling in your sleep. I was so scared Sam you screamed for 40 minutes"-Colby said wrapping his arms around my waist hugging me. "I love you Sam"-He said.

"I'm so thankful to have you Colby I'd be nothing with out you"-I said turning around straddling him as I brought him into a hug. "I wouldn't be who I am without you Sam, I would've never been this happy"-He stood up putting his arms under me to support me as he walks closer up the bed, as he falls back I realise although I dreamt that. I'm tired.

"Sleep?"-I question smiling. He nods. "I love you Sam"-He said wrapping his arms around my waist falling into a deep sleep.

"I love you too"-I said falling back asleep with a smile on my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 stories in one week!!

Sorry if I made anyone cry.