Chapter 5

Jeongin walked through the automatic door of the hospital and was immediately hit with the smell of disinfectant. With a small smile, Jeongin made his way through the atrium of the building. Patients in hospital gowns passed, some smiled at the boy as he passed most just continued on their journey. Jeongin didn't mind, he clucked the small bag he was holding close to his chest and moved towards the stairs. 

All the times he had visited the hospital Jeongin had always taken the stairs for obvious reasons. As well, his mum always worried about him staying healthy so as a promise to her, every time he visited the hospital he would walk up the 4 flights of stairs to the nursing station. 

4 flights of stairs later Jeongin arrived on the fourth floor, slightly out of breath. As he walked nurses greeted him, having seen him often enough.

"Hey Janice" Jeongin greeted.  The older woman smiled at the young boy.

"Hi Jeongin" She replied. Janice was one of the head nurses at the hospital and had often come to babysit Jeongin when his mum had to work.

"Have you seen my mum?" Janice thought for a moment, leaning on the trolly she was pushing.

"I think she's at the nursing station" Jeongin smiled and continued down along the floor. he dogged around nurses and patients and quickly made his way to the busiest part of the floor. He scanned the nursing station and located his mum sitting behind the desk. 

"Hi, Mum!" Jeongin called. His mother looked up and smiled at the sight of her son. 

"Hi sweetie" she replied. 

"I brought you lunch," Jeongin said, placing the bag on the top of the counter. His mum smiled and took the bag down from the counter. She opened the bag and smiled at the contents, she always loved her son making her food. 

"Thank you, I will make sure to enjoy it" Jeongin grinned and leaned on the counter. he didn't feel like going home, there wasn't any harm in staying a bit longer. 

"So how's your morning been," Jeonign asked, handing over a couple files to passing doctors. They gave him a small smile of thanks before continuing on there way. 

"Well Mrs Kim in room 135 was dismissed today, thank god, I'm sick of her shouting at me" Jeongin giggled at the story. " Everything one else was normal but apparently Mrs Jones in room 148, her daughter got pregnant and she doesn't know who the father is!" They both gasped in mock surprise before falling into giggles. 

"Oh Nurse yang could I get the file for room 226" a voice called behind Jeongin causing him to turn. In front of him stood a doctor, his blond hair styled nicely out of his eyes. He smiled brightly at the Jeongin, showing his white teeth.

"Oh, Jeongin this is Dr Bang Chan, Chan this is my son Jeongin" His mother introduced. Chan smiled and offered a hand to Jeongin. Shyly Jeongin shook it, avoiding eye contact.

"I'm one of the new psychiatrists at the hospital," Chan said. He casually leaned on the counter, patiently waiting for his file. Jeongin smiled and looked at his shoes.

"Here you are doctor," Jeongin's mum said reappearing behind the counter. The doctor smiled and picked up the file.

"It was nice meeting, I'll see you around" With that, the doctor walked off. Jeongin let out a breath the moment the doctor was out of sight. His mum let out a chuckle as she sat behind the desk again. Jeongin looked at her unamused.

"If you want to get of your claustrophobia then I recommend, Dr Bang, he is one of the best psychiatrists at the hospital" His mother stated, her eyes back on the computer screen.

"Alright then, I'm off," Jeongin said, standing up straight.

"Bye love, have a good day" His mother replied. Jeongin gave his mum a quick grin before head off towards the stairs again.

His mum had a point about Dr Bang, but he'll need to get over his social awkwardness before he could sit in a room with him for an hour.