Chapter 11

"Why are you doing this?"

Hyunjin stared at the boy lying across from him, eyebrows furrowed.

"What do you mean?" Hyunjin asked. He shuffled closer, decreasing the distance between them.

"I mean..." Jeongin sighed keeping his eyes up, not daring to look beside him. "Why are you being so nice to me? I understand your a nice person and I'm a fan so you're going to be nice but isn't this a little far?"

Silence filled the room. Jeongin felt instantly guilty about bringing up the subject. He shouldn't have questioned the idols kindness, he should just accept it.

"I'm sorry I-"

"Can i be honest with you" Hyunjin interrupted. The idol was surprised at the question but he knew he had to be honest to Jeongin, because in the few hours he had known him Hyunjin had already gotten attached.

"Of course" Jeongin said softly. The smaller rolled over to face the idol. Hyunjin had his head half buried in the white pillow, the duvet pulled over his shoulders so just his head and his hand were visible. It suddenly struck Jeongin who vulnerable the boy looked. In the deep light of room, half buried in a sea of white sheets, Hyunjin looked small and fragile. Almost like a gust of wind would blow through and the boy would shatter into a million pieces.

Hyunjin looked up into Jeongin deep brown eyes and sighed. There was a warmth and kindness in Jeongin's eyes that made Hyunjin feel safe and loved. For a moment the pair just stared at each other, taking in the moment in the dim light of Twilight.

"I'm loney" Hyunjin whispered into the silence. Jeongin could only stare at the idol across the bed from him. That was definitely not the answer he was expecting.

"I don't really have anyone, and I know you'll say what about your manager and all your idol friends well... all the other idols are busy most the time and Woojin's only here some of the time. I'm by myself most of the time and I hate it" Hyunjin stared at his hands almost in anger.

"Hyunjin..." Jeongin whispered. The small boy shuffled into the bed a bit more. There was now only a couple inches between the boys but neither of them seemed to notice.

"I through myself into my work to distract me and it does work till I get home, and it's quite and empty in my house it just a reminds me everyday that I'm alone with no one with me." Tears stared forming in Hyunjin's eyes at these words. A pang of guilt spread through Jeongin's body as he looked at the boy in front of him. He was right. A single gust of wind would could come through and he would break into thousands of shards.

"Hyunjin" Jeongin replied. The Burnett slowly reached out and held one of Hyunjin's hand. Carefully intertwining their fingers. Hyunjin looked up in surprise,  his eyes glittering in silent tears.

"I'm sorry for all that has happened to you. I'm sorry you've had to go through all this alone. But you don't have to worry anymore" Hyunjin looked at Jeongin confused.

"You have me"

Hyunjin face lit up in a bright smile. His eyes shone with happiness. The sight made Jeongin giggle. He could deny he loves seeing the idol happy and it was even better when he was the  cause.

"You... you will be my friend?" Hyunjin asked quietly.

"Yes"

Hyunjin let out a loud squeal of joy and divided across the bed. He pulled Jeongin into a tight hug and squealed excitedly. Jeongin just smiled and gently wrapped his arms around Hyunjin's back. After a moment, Hyunjin relseaed the small boy and fell back onto the bed. 

"I don't think i can sleep now" Hyunjin whispered, a smile still plastered across his face. Jeongin just nodded and crawled back into the covers. The burentt curled up into a small ball and stared across the bed at Hyunjin. With a smile Jeongin slowly closed his eyes and soon enough he was fast asleep. 

Hearing the steady breathing to the side of him, Hyunjin rolled onto his side to see Jeongin fast asleep almost entirely  hidden by the sheets. The raven haired smiled. He had a friend. An adorable friend who was kind and caring. Hyunjin shuffled closer so there was only a couple inches between their faces and smiled. 

"Thank you" He whispered. He closed his eyes and within seconds he too was asleep.