Another Argument

Tiana's POV

Today was a hectic day. Mario and I got back together after a terrible break up and for some reason Derek spoke to me for the first time. Somehow we became friends. He even offered me a lift home, I accepted though. I'm wondering if I did the right thing. I honestly didn't feel comfortable about it for the whole time coming home. I just sat in the car quietly on the way, and when I got home I said thank you and watched him drive away. At this moment, i'm standing outside still thinking about today. 

Okay, i'd better get inside now.

I walked up to the door and opened it, just to see Mario, Mom and Dad standing there. It's almost like they were waiting. But the look on Mario's face was more of a jealous, angry and not pleasing one. I could not read the faces of my parents but I just knew something was wrong.

"Hey mom and dad, what's up?" I asked, but no one answered, " mom, dad, Mario?"

Mario left and went upstairs to my room angrily. Puzzled by his actions, I asked mom what's wrong and immediately understood what was happening when mom finally asked the question.

"Who's your new boyfriend?"

I immediately ran upstairs to explain but when I got in my room, he was staring at our pictures.

"Mario, please let me explain," I begged, "it was Derek who came and spoke to me earlier today, and we awkwardly became friends and--"

Mario interrupted, "is that it? Because the last time I checked you hated him because of what happened before our break up."

"Just stop and let me explain to you for once!" I screamed at him.

"For once, Tiana. Let me think because the last time you didn't even gave me a chance to speak. In fact you even ignored me! This is just insanely stupid right now."

We are both on the top of our voices screaming. This just isn't well. This isn't what I wanted at all, and in the middle of this chaos, I caught a glance on my phone seeing that Derek is calling. Oh no! I'm sweaty, i'm scared and i'm tired of this. I ran and grabbed my phone and flew downstairs, outside on the porch. My phone is ringing the hell out and i'm crying my heart out. Thirteen missed calls and more to come. I rested my chin on my knees and hugged myself crying, then soon heard footsteps. I never cared who it was so I just sat there not looking in the direction of the footsteps. It was mom. She touched my shoulder which gave me the urge to turn around to see her face, but not only did I see her face, I saw dad holding Mario. Mom and dad smiled at me then left us outside. Not knowing what to do or what to say, I just sat down where I was on the front porch steps and he sat beside me.

"I'm ready to listen," he said, " I promise to hear you out."

I sat and stared in amazement.

"Are you sure?" I asked and he said yes.

"Okay," I took a deep breath, "earlier today Derek saw me in the cafeteria and spoke to me. He said 'Hey' and I replied. I guess you were in class and he skipped. We actually talked about you mainly, he was saying your'e a good friend and boyfriend to both him and me. So I kinda trusted him then. That's when he offered me a lift home, and I accepted, besides you were not around to take me home because I searched for you."

"Oh, i'm sorry I wasn't there. But I actually left school extra early just to arrange something for you. Let's go inside."

He kissed me and covered my eyes. I wonder what exactly did he arrange, and was mom and dad apart of it?