20. Like

Tyler laid in bed as Brendon slept next to him with an arm wrapped around the younger's waist and snoring softly.

He was so bored.

Sex with Brendon was great but he's being doing it with him for five years whenever they felt like it. It's not like it's the same thing over and over. They've tried different things but the last few times it's been as normal as ever and Brendon didn't seem as into it. It was disappointing.

They hadn't even slept together last night. Brendon was too tired. He offered to cuddle with Tyler though and he figured it was better than no affection. Despite that, Tyler was upset. He deserved more. He deserved better.

He sighed and wiggled out of his friend's grasp, grabbing his phone and getting out of bed. He pulled on his sweatpants and sweatshirt that were laying on the ground before walking out of his bedroom.

He went and sat on the couch, pulled the blanket off the back of it and laying it across his body as he tried to stop shivering.

Picking his phone up, he saw the time was 11:30. Josh was surely awake, wasn't he?

Tyler would much rather hang out with his boyfriend (boyfriend, that was cute) than be subtly mad at his best friend all day. So he went to his contacts and pressed Josh's, holding it to his ear as it rang.

"Hey!" Josh answered a few moments later.

"Good morning," Tyler hummed. "What are you up to today?"

"Um," he paused. "I'm about to meet up with my friend, Jenna, at the gym."

"The gym?" Tyler asked, his eyebrows shooting up.

"Yeah. I go box every Saturday. With a few exceptions here and there but pretty much every Saturday."

Tyler's mouth almost watered at the visual he had of Josh pounding his fists into a punching bag. The sweat dripping down his face... his back muscles flexing... "Can I come?" He asked.

"You want to watch me box?" He could almost see Josh raising his eyebrow.

"Yeah, you probably look hot."

"If by hot you mean sweaty then sure," Josh laughed. "Do you want me to pick you up?"

"Sure," Tyler nodded even though he knew Josh couldn't see him. "How long do I have to get ready?"

"How long do you need?"

"Half an hour?" Tyler guessed.

"Alright I'll be there at noon. The gym doesn't even open until then."

"Awesome."

"Wait, before you go," Josh said quickly. Tyler heard him let out a nervous laugh. "We have a slight situation."

"What is it?" Tyler asked, anxiety tugging at his stomach at the thought of Josh finding out about Tyler's ulterior motives.

"Those hickies you gave me last night?" He paused. "Bad. Like my whole neck and collarbone are purple bad."

Tyler giggled. "Good. Now that bitch from work won't try anything. She'll know you're mine and I'm yours."

"It's unprofessional," Josh sighed.

"Who gives a fuck? It's your business."

"I guess," he replied before clicking his tongue. "I'll see you soon. Bye."

"Bye, handsome," Tyler hung up and grinned, going back to his room to get ready.

---

Josh wasn't kidding or exaggerating. Tyler really did mark him up pretty bad.

The younger didn't see them until they were at the gym and Josh took his coat off, leaving him in a t-shirt. Tyler watched him check in at the front desk before they went to a room towards the back. Tyler had never worked out a day in his life other than middle school gym class (he used to either skip high school or flirt with his closeted gym teacher to get out of it then) so he just followed Josh, no questions asked.

"Before we go in," Josh began. "Jake, my trainer, is Jenna's husband so if they act all flirty that's why. She'll probably have their son with them too."

Son? Tyler refrained from grimacing. He hated kids. With his whole body. They were whiny and annoying and just so god damn awful. "Okay..." he said, hoping he wasn't being obvious with his distaste.

Josh pushed open the doors to a room filled with mats and a few different punching bags. However, the only other people in the room where a man and woman, the latter of the two holding a small child. "Josh!" The woman smiled. "And... Josh's friend?"

Josh laughed. "Tyler this is Jenna and Jake," he pointed to each of them. "And Emerson," he pointed to the kid and Tyler watched him cautiously as he babbled in his mom's lap. "Jenna and Jake this is Tyler, my boyfriend."

"Hi," Tyler smiled and gave a small wave.

"Hey, man," Jake nodded in his direction.

"Oh my gosh," Jenna gushed. "You guys are official?"

"Yeah," Josh confirmed, scratching the scruff on his face. He turned his head slightly to do so and Jenna let out a small gasp when she saw his neck. Her eyes flicked over to Tyler and she raised an eyebrow, causing the brunette to give her a sheepish smile. "Hey, Ty," Josh turned to him. "You can go sit with Jenna if you want."

The younger nodded and sat next to the blonde woman, sighing slightly. "You did that?" She whispered.

"Yeah," Tyler replied, eyeing her son nervously as he talked to himself and put his fingers in his mouth.

She nodded but she still seemed confused. Tyler watched Josh wrap his hands and smiled at the action. He looked cute up there.

"He's never dated a guy before," Jenna spoke up. "I was the one who told him to give you a chance. He wasn't going to because you literally harassed him at the bar."

Tyler offered another nervous smile. "I can come on a little strong sometimes. Sorry."

"As long as you're nice to him. It's nice to see him happy. I never thought it would be his sexuality that was the issue with him being single but here we are," she looked at Tyler. "He really likes you."

"I really like him," Tyler lied. He wanted to say I really like his money. The brunette couldn't care less if it were another rich guy he was trying to win over. The fact that it was Josh meant nothing to him. He only cared about his bank account and maybe sex if Josh wasn't such a pussy.

"Good," Jenna nodded. "Don't mess this up."

"I won't," Tyler assured.

He couldn't afford to.