Chapter One//First Sight

When Namjoon first saw her, he couldn't seem to catch his breath. He stood still in the warm May sunshine outside of the small, brick coffee shop that he frequented. His hand was on the door handle, but he couldn't seem to pull it open. The first glance of her had captivated him. He had no idea who she was, but that didn't seem to matter to his mind.

   His brown eyes widened slightly as he observed the tall, black-haired girl. Her tanned skin was complemented by a light pink sundress. The soft sunshine from the window illuminated her silhouette and nearly gave her an angelic appearance.

    Her smile revealed perfect white teeth. 

   Namjoon thought that she was breathtaking. Maybe that was why he remained frozen for a moment longer than he should have.  Luckily, no one noticed the tall, disguised music producer standing outside a nondescript coffee shop, staring at a strange woman. It wasn't as if he was extremely famous, but sometimes people recognized him and asked for a photo or an autograph. It drew a lot of unnecessary attention in his opinion. At that moment though, he wasn't thinking about being approached by a stranger for anything. The only thing in his mind was how beautiful the girl inside the shop was.

    Finally, with a small shake of his head, he walked into the shop. He heard the girl laugh quietly as the young, male barista handed her a cup and told her a cheesy joke. He thought that the girl had a lovely laugh and a beautiful smile, like sunshine and summer rain. He kept his head ducked down as he trained to gain composure. He told himself that an adult man should have more experience than an immature high school student. His red ears and quick pulse were beginning to make him think he was closer to the latter than the former. As the girl began to walk away from the counter, he looked up.

  The beautiful girl turned her head slightly and caught sight of Namjoon. Then she smiled warmly and politely, causing Namjoon's ears to redden even more. He thought that maybe he truly was an awkward schoolboy again, clamming up in the presence of a pretty girl.

   He nodded his head in her direction in an attempt to seem cool and calm.  She walked towards a corner table, not giving him a second glance. Still, the look and kind smile she had given hadn't spilled Namjoons rapid heartbeat.

   Still flustered, Namjoon ordered his coffee to-go and left the shop in a daze. As he walked back to his dorm, he recalled how pretty and sweet the girl had looked. Maybe she was the prettiest and sweetest girl he'd ever laid his eyes on. He knew the sentiment was kind of boyish, but he couldn't help it. He truly wondered if she was some ethereal being.

  Once he'd reached his shared apartment, he was consumed with the busyness of his day and the numerous activities on his schedule. He was able to do quite a bit of his work at home, but sometimes he had to go in. Namjoon didn't have many free moments between writing and producing music. It wasn't often that he got to visit the coffee shop like he had that morning. It would be another week before he'd find a spare moment the visit the small, quiet coffee shop.

   Consumed by his work and other duties, he soon forgot about the pretty girl whose laugh had warmed the coffee shop.

   His forgetfulness wouldn't be the end of it though. Things were only just beginning.

 As soon as he returned to the shop, he recognized her. The same girl stood in the coffee shop's line, waiting to order, this time she wore a pair of jean shorts and a striped tee. He didn't hesitate to go into the shop this time, and he tried to avoid staring as he had on his last visit. Again she laughed at the barista's jokes and made a few remarks of her own. Namjoon tried not to smile when her clear, feminine laugh sounded as he had the last time. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable or even alert her that he had noticed her yet again.