Vulnerable

Tear in my heart- Twenty One Pilots

1:06 A.M
[Los Angeles, California]
[Krissy]

"Kaleb what the fuck are you doing? She said back up." I say, my blood boiling as I pull my brother off of Billie.

"Relax, sis. I'm just having a little bit of fun!" He defends.

"Not with my friend, you dick! Especially if she tells you to back up! Why don't you go find someone else to fuck at that party you're going to tonight?" I yell, my fists balling up, ready to throw hands if necessary.

"I never said I was going to a party." He rolls his eyes.

"Well, you don't want mom to know, so it's either drugs or a party. I wouldn't be surprised either way. Now if you don't get yourself out, I will literally throw you out." I say, trying to keep calm.

"I'd like to see you try." He scoffs.

I glance at Billie then back at Kaleb before kicking him in the balls and practically picking him up by his shirt and throwing him out. Quite literally. Kaleb lands on the ground with a thud as I slam the door shut and lock it. I immediately run over to Billie and scan over her body to check if she was hurt.

[Billie]

I release a breath I didn't know I was holding in before Krissy grabs my arms, turning them every which way to check for bruises.

"I'm okay, Kris." I state.

"Did he hurt you?" She asks, ignoring what I had just said.

She pulls down the collar of my shirt slightly, looking for bruises on my neck and shoulders.

"No. I'm okay." I grab her hand, intertwining my fingers with hers as a form of comfort.

No, really. Nothing happened. He came in and cornered me, hand on the wall above me.

"What do you say, you ditch that fag and come with me?" He said winking.

"Can you like, back up?" I asked.

That's when she walked in.

"Did he do anything? Did he say anything stupid?" She asks again.

"No, Krissy, calm down, love. I'm okay. Nothing happened." I say.

I feel her hands shaking and look down at them, becoming worried.

[Krissy]

"Are you okay, Kris?" Billie asks.

I look down at my hands. I didn't realize until now that my hands are shaking. I can't tell weather it's the anger, the worry, or the adrenaline from throwing Kaleb out of my room. I take a deep breath and look Billie in the eyes for the first time since I kicked him out. She looks worried.

"I'm sorry. It's just... you're the first person in a really long time to hang out with me. People always find a reason to not like me or to dismiss me. I'm just scared that Kaleb is going to be that reason for you to leave." I state, my walls slowly being torn down by this beautiful girl in front of me. She somehow makes me open up to her, feeling vulnerable.

"I'm not going anywhere." She says looking me dead in the eye. She seems genuine. Suddenly, she's pulling me into a hug. I tense up at first, since it's been years since someone has hugged me, but soon relax, melting into her arms.

She pulls out of the hug after a couple minutes and gives me a warm smile. I return the expression, getting up and walking over to my dresser. I grab her coke and hand it to her. She pops it open as I walk over to my dresser again, opening my drawers and finding a large shirt for Billie to wear to bed. I also grab an extremely oversized hoodie for myself.

I hand her the shirt. She places her coke on my desk before walking to my bathroom. I quickly change, taking my clothes off, besides my panties, pulling on my large hoodie. I finish just in time, putting my hood on my head as Billie walks out in my large T-Shirt.

Damn. She's hot.

And straight.

She is going to tear my heart apart, isn't she?

She smiles at me, grabbing her coke again and walking over to my bed. She slips under the covers, me sliding in next to her after turning my light off, turning my bedside lamp on, and grabbing my coke.

We talk and laugh for a while when she asks a question that I hoped no one would ever ask me. No one has asked up until this point. No one gave enough of a shit to care.

"Why do you wear hoodies all the time? It's summertime. Aren't you hot?"