Missing

Paul was walking down the cold dark streets to his house. His back hurt after jumping out of John's window, but he sucked it up and trudged on. When he got to his house he immediately ran to his room and opened his backpack to write in his notebook about the wonderful day with John. He unzipped the bag, and flipped through his school items again and again, until he realized that his old worn out notebook wasn't there. Paul's heart stopped as he frantically looked around his room. There was no notebook. Maybe he dropped it on his way back to his house? Maybe it's in John's backyard? Paul was getting extremely nervous and started to bite at his nail. He couldn't leave the house at this hour, his dad would kill him. All he could do is sit there and hope John hadn't read that notebook. He squirmed around in his chair getting lost in thoughts. What if John hated him? What if John loved him? Paul ran to his bed and curled up next to his pillow. He hugged it all night shedding tears of joy and sadness until he fell asleep.
Paul woke up to the blistering sun hitting his face through his window. He got up, hoping last night was a dream, and checked his bag hoping there would still be a notebook, but of course it wasn't in there. He dragged his feet downstairs, dreading what would happen to him the next time he saw John. "Hey Paul" his dad said while reading the paper.
"Hey da'" He said back blankly, his mind too full with images of John to be talking with his dad.
"Can I go to John's?" He said desperately.
"Sure," his dad grumbled hesitantly "but be home for dinner, no more late nights like yesterday"
Paul nodded and sprinted out the door. He ran all the way to John's home until he got to the small porch. He was breathing heavily, and his stomach jumped around inside him. He stood there for a minute hoping that John hadn't seen that book of his. He stood up, put his fist
on the door, and knocked.

(Sorry this was so short)