chapter one: bathtub

'why not? no one likes me anyway. i fuck everything up. no one will miss me? right?' the boy plays with a sharp object in his hand. the bath filled to his neck with warm water. he's clothed, a grey jumper and jeans. both too big for the 14-year-old.
'what's the point of life, when you get fucked over?' he rolls his left sleeve up, exposing the scratches on his young, innocent arm. he rolls his right sleeve. nothing. not a scratch. except from when he fell over in Spain a few years back. He looks out, up to the blue sky, the clouds. he'll be there soon. he can feel it.
a single tear falls across his face.
he kicks his bare foot against the bath side. water pours out the overflowed bath. he's too tall for this bath. he's squashed.
another tear falls.
'please, someone come home. soon.' he can only hope his parents or siblings will be home soon. but they won't be. not even close to be home. not any time soon, anyway.
his phone lays in the sink. a crack sat on each corner, going into the middle. it was fucked. it matched his life. nothing different. he couldn't see a difference.
beep!
he picked his phone up. 'Instagram- Alecccc : fuck you! i hate you.'
he knows he's not wanted. he opens the message with the simple '🖕' emoji. and switches his Instagram notifications off.
the boy puts his phone down, face first. closes his eyes. and tilts his head back.